The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Taxes (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Were you ever told "No"?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16239 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thank you for your concern but we have the situation well in hand.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I don't see taxation as an issue of "how much" so much as simplification. Just set a rate and have people pay it. Once we start getting into deductions and credits and all the other stuff, we end up with those situations where some people pay nothing and others pay more than they probably should be paying. Additionally, we have to hire someone to prepare our taxes because it is often beyond the average person's abilities. Heck, it seems every year we hear stories of the folks at the IRS who give different answers to the same question. Additionally, as we found out, the IRS has so much power the corruption has led to some very frightening actions on their part.

I seem to recall Steve Forbes once suggesting that our taxes should be so simple that we fill them out on a return postcard. I like that idea.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16239 Posts

Profile of tommy
I wonder how many of you guys here have always voted for the same party and always will.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
What does that have to do with taxes?
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Every thread is engineered with a self-destruct mechanism built inside. Eventually each thread will turn political or religious which causes a chain reaction of back handed insults and personal attacks. I'm very fond of the ones with animation in them.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16239 Posts

Profile of tommy
So all you guys here have always voted for the same party and always will and so what does that tell you about the state you are in.

Tommy
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Yes and no... We are all in different states of: Denial, Intoxication, Dementia, Ecstasy, and multiple the states of Self-Delusion.
pollark
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of pollark
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Every thread is engineered with a self-destruct mechanism built inside. Eventually each thread will turn political or religious which causes a chain reaction of back handed insults and personal attacks. I'm very fond of the ones with animation in them.

Unless the animation is deleted by biased censorship!
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Ahhh... so you saw that too...
pollark
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of pollark
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2015, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Ahhh... so you saw that too...

I have become a great fan of your posts. Shame your humour is not shared by many.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Taxes (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL