The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Child shooting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
272 Posts

Profile of greerj
Http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/02/fun......ment-in/

12 year old shoots 6 year old brother, then kills himself.......
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16239 Posts

Profile of tommy
May they rest in peace. I was listening to the news the other day and they said it was a fight over food. Pretty surreal some these news stories are. I mean so hard to believe crazy things like this happen.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2754 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
See, if the six year old had been allowed to have a gun, he could have defended himself against the 12 year old! Smile
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, greerj wrote:
Http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/02/fun......ment-in/

12 year old shoots 6 year old brother, then kills himself.......

Missing from that article is that the 12 year old ALSO shot his older brother.

"Authorities say Kevin also shot and wounded his 16-year-old brother. The Tampa Bay Times reports that Trevor Pimentel attended his brothers' funeral Wednesday in a wheelchair, along with his mother and about 400 other mourners."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/funeral-hel......32149544
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
I cannot imagine what the family is going through. The article I believe is probably some what misleading as it seems to imply he shot his brothers over food. As if to imply there was not enough food for them. I doubt that is the case. Then to turn the weapon on himself I just cannot fathom a 12 year old having those kind of demons. However I am not sure I even want to know what really happened. This is unbelievably tragic.

While this doeos bring up negligence of leaving firearms in the reach of children. I believe this goes much deeper than that. However I cannot fathom leaving firearms lying around where a 12 year old or 6 year old has access to them. Again I believe there is more to this than we know at this time.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Horrible. Sadly, nothing can be done about gun violence in America.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, acesover wrote:

The article I believe is probably some what misleading as it seems to imply he shot his brothers over food. As if to imply there was not enough food for them.

There are two links to articles above, I see no mention of food in either. What were you reading?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, Randwill wrote:

Rubbish. It is easy to tackle; take the guns out of circulation. Civilized countries with gun control do not have these problems.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4121 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, balducci wrote:

The article I believe is probably some what misleading as it seems to imply he shot his brothers over food. As if to imply there was not enough food for them.
There are two links to articles above, I see no mention of food in either. What were you reading?

He was reading Tommy's post, second from the top, stating he had heard on the news that it was over food.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, acesover wrote:

My mistake. Yes it was tommy's post, not the articles.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
pollark
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of pollark
Very sad indeed and at Easter time
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16239 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-......ath.html

"Boy, 12, stabbed baby brother to death"

If only Britain would take all knives out of circulation we could avoid these horrible tragedies.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:

Smile
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, rockwall wrote:

If only Britain would take all knives out of circulation we could avoid these horrible tragedies.

That is a sad story you cherry picked from way back in 2001:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/feb/13/helencarter

Still, I wonder how many children in Britain have died from knives versus children in the U.S. who died from being shot since then. I would bet that the latter absolutely dwarfs the former.
pollark
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of pollark
Quote:

Ban all forks, everywhere.
"A 22-year-old man is in police custody after he allegedly stabbed his grandmother to death with a barbecue fork. According to Los Angeles Police Department officials, officers were called to a home in the 11100 block of Rincon Avenue around 9 a.m. Sunday."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2754 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:

How many stabbings are there in Britain vs. how many shootings in America?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16239 Posts

Profile of tommy
In London there is a 1001 a month. The young fellas all seem to carry a tool these days even the girls.

Tommy
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5301 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Quote:

Rubbish. It is easy to tackle; take the guns out of circulation. Civilized countries with gun control do not have these problems.

Please provide your source for this statement Tony. As seen here: http://www.infowars.com/statistics-prove......s-crime/

more guns equals less crimes.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2015, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Quote:

Please provide your source for this statement Tony. As seen here: http://www.infowars.com/statistics-prove......s-crime/

more guns equals less crimes.

LOL. Tony makes an international comparison, and you provide internal USA statistics. You're not even talking about the same thing.

But even looking at the infowars data, you see two things.

1. Gun ownership in the USA is increasing, and
2. Violent crime in the USA is decreasing.

They may or may not be causally related, but the article makes no argument to show that they are.

Let's replace fact 1 with another fact.

1. The number of Muslims in the USA is increasing and

There we have it folks, Islam is creating peace in the USA. You read it here first.

Or if you don't like that argument, let's try another.

1. Public acceptance of homosexuality is increasing and

And now we have the marvelous conclusion that the restriction of homosexuality causes violent crime, and we can now justify more liberal attitudes.

This argument from correlation is fun!

I don't know about where you live, but here in Alberta kids in upper-elementary school are taught about this fallacy in their math classes.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Child shooting (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL