We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Can magic save the world? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17686 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I liked this David Copperfield article. Made me wonder .... Can magic save us?

When I perform on stage the crowd doesn't care about who is who and who believes what ... They just enjoy the entertainment. I think David is saying something similar. Entertainment brings people together. Perhaps we can save the world!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/opinio......are&_r=0
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I think more interesting than that is the ranks of magicians, themselves. Thinking of it for the moment only as a hobby, I can think of no other that brings together such a diverse array of humans.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
pollark
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of pollark
Unless they are sorcerers in a foreign country or do balloon animals.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Save it from what exactly?

And fishing brings the same odd group together.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
There will always be suppressors, and dictators. Magic can't change that, and neither can anything else. Magic can't save the world from anything. But it can make the bad a little better, and when enough things make the bad better it becomes good in spite of the bad. If we can use magic to work toward that goal I think it would be time well spent.
Reality is a real killjoy.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
That's all we need, a few miracles.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Can magic save the world? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL