The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » re-sealing a deck of cards. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thevai
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of thevai
Just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a good source of information for re-sealing the cellophane wrapping so that a deck looks new and unopened.
Hannes
View Profile
New user
Germany
83 Posts

Profile of Hannes
Hi,
there is a description on one of the darwin ortiz cardshark videos (n° 3 i think).
I don't know if it is also in his book cardshark, but i think so...
Hannes
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
I believe Steve Fearson has a method to do this on a pack of cigarettes in his lecture notes. You might be able to adapt it to a deck of cards. If you want more information, PM me and I will direct you to Steve.

-Corey
Corey King
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
The art of ashtonisment series has stuff on this, as well as some cool effex.

Cellophane Surprise.
Page 173
Book number 2

if you aint got it why not!??
Dante King
View Profile
New user
California, USA
36 Posts

Profile of Dante King
I have a very easy method. I just carefully open the bottom end and do the monkey business and use a nice clean strip of double sided tape. Never gets noticed. Easy to do as well. I aslo use it to seal the bottom of the card case.
Dante
Indocilis Privata Loqui!
www.danteking.com
Downloadable Magic
Chat
Teaching Videos
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Even more simple! On a Bicycle deck you have that strip you rip around the deck to open it. Carefully pull the strip till you can hinge the top plastic back enough to get at the sticker. Carefully peel the sticker until you can open the box. Take out the cards, stacked 'em or whatever, then put 'em back (keep the coupons and crap cards, it makes it more believable!). Stick the sticker back, move the top plastic in place, then wrap the strip back the way it originally was. Static electricty holds it in place. If not, use a tiny piece of Scotch tape at the end.
For the trick, pull out the deck, and openly rip off the strip and rip off the plastic, casting it aside. Peel off the sticker, take out the cards and remove the coupons/crap cards!
Try Bill Malone's "Sam the Bellhop" like this, when you take the cards out, do several false cuts back to back and dive in!!

--Diavo =) Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » re-sealing a deck of cards. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL