The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Check your tail lights (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
Oh yes I recall Jiggaboo Jones mentioning that cop fingerprint thing. Thanks.

On the street the FBI have been known as, The Black Booted Back Shooters, ever since John Dillinger. The American people have always hated back shooters; It is an American tradition.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
I was noting that when there are bad outcomes for other than black people, not much notice is taken. Like all of the black on white crimes committed that go unnoticed or unmentioned in the media.

Please. When a white person gets a hangnail, it's all over the media.

Quote:
But, if you want an example of a black officer shooting an unarmed white man, how about the killing of 20 year old Dillon Taylor?

Where was the outrage?

As for Dillon Taylor, there was outrage.
"Protesters lined the sidewalk across the street from Salt Lake City police headquarters Monday afternoon to express their outrage at a spate of recent police shootings of unarmed people."
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/583049......html.csp

Or is outrage only acceptable if something happens to a white person?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
BTW, although it doesn't fit in with your narrative, Dillion Taylor, who was shot, was a Hispanic male.

In fact Taylor's family claim he was racially profiled and that he was profiled because he was Hispanic.

And it's not even clear that the officer, Bron Cruz, was African-American. The shooting footage is quite inconclusive. You can only see his arms, but he looks about as Black as say, George Zimmerman.

Of course, conservatives only admit police oppression when it can be twisted to fit their racial narrative. Otherwise, silence.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, balducci wrote:

Evidence is not the same thing as proof.

That he shot a black man in the back is evidence (whether compelling evidence or not, ymmv).

As well as the fact that the officer was previously cited for incidents involving black citizens. AFAIK, he was never cited for abusing citizens who were other than black.

That he shot a black man is not evidence of racism.

He was cited for one other physical encounter with a black man and he was cleared of that charge.

I said, that he shot a black man IN THE BACK is evidence (whether compelling evidence or not, ymmv). You seem to have missed the IN THE BACK bit. It is evidence either way, but the 'in the back' bit is important.

And, actually, there were several complaints made against him and there is said to be at least one lawsuit pending. Check your facts.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national.......2178669

If he was cleared of the charge you are talking about (presumably the one at the link above) maybe that was because his actions were not caught on video and were never seriously investigated? Excerpt from link above follows:

"After Givens filed a complaint with the North Charleston Police Department, officials quietly 'exonerated' Slager without ever contacting Givens, or the woman who made the complaint that brought police to his home and witnessed the encounter"
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Gilbert Collar, James Whitehead.

White, unarmed and dead.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
... and it rhymes.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
Gilbert Collar, James Whitehead.

White, unarmed and dead.

Sorry to bust your narrative again, but Gilbert Collar death got national attention, CNN and Piers Morgan did a big story on it, and even the Huffington Post had 6 articles about him. So your contention that when whites get killed by police no one pays attention is again incorrect. And again you are incorrect that there was no outrage, "Students carried signs that read, 'Gil was murdered.' "

And the James Whitehead case is quite fascinating. Arnold, the police officer was off-duty. He was the first Black police captain in the county.

If you actually read the news accounts, what soon becomes apparent is that Whitehead is a six ft three 230 lb maniac racist who threatened the manager of an auto parts store that Arnold happened to be in.

When Arnold asked Whitehead to watch his language because Arnold's daughter was there, Whitehead replied with a stream of obscenities and racial epithets, including the N word. The fight moved to the parking lot outside.

"In the parking lot, Arnold had gone to his Chevy Tahoe to get handcuffs and a flashlight. Witnesses say Arnold approached Whitehead. Whitehead yelled, “You gonna arrest me, ***? You gonna arrest me, ***?” He bumped chests with Arnold, still yelling, and then walked back to Edwards’ truck, which was parked by the store’s entrance. Arnold followed him. Whitehead started to open the door of Edwards’ truck and Arnold, fearing he might be reaching for a weapon, held the door to block his way. Searching his wallet for his police ID, Arnold first produced the wrong card, searched again, and then held up what most witnesses agree was his police ID card. (Edwards maintains that the second card was something else, and that Arnold never properly identified himself as an officer.) Arnold held out a pair of handcuffs and told Whitehead to put them on. “You’re not even a cop!” Whitehead yelled. He continued shouting |"***” and “***” as he and Arnold bumped chests beside the truck. Whitehead leaned down and pressed his forehead into Arnold’s. Stepping back, Arnold pulled a short-barreled .38-caliber pistol from his pocket and pointed it at Whitehead. “Go ahead, shoot me, ***,” Whitehead told him, swatting Arnold’s arm.

“If you hit me, I am going to have to shoot you,” the manager remembers Arnold warning. Whitehead lunged at Arnold and said, “I want you to put a bullet in my head, you ***.”

According to some witnesses, Whitehead then lunged again and reached for Arnold’s gun. Arnold fired once, hitting Whitehead in the chest. (Edwards says Whitehead was already in the truck when he was shot; the pathologist who performed Whitehead’s autopsy later agreed that Whitehead was likely seated when he was shot.) As blood began to soak Whitehead’s T-shirt, Edwards says, his friend stood one last time and said, “***, you just shot me.” Edwards remembers Arnold’s reply—“I *** sure did shoot you”—and the angry look on his face."

Arnold was suspended from the force, though a grand jury exonerated him of blame.

Despite that, there were protests by white supporters of Whitehead and to those supporters' chagrin, by members of the New Black Panthers.

Coda: Arnold sued the city for firing him, arguing that white officers in similar situations had not been fired. He won a large settlement from the city.

Read the entire incredible story here:
http://www.texasobserver.org/james-white......-orange/

So once again you manage to twist a story to promote a narrative of black racism and white victimization, when the entire story actually is about just the opposite.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
"As Whitehead walked around the back of the truck and into the passenger's side, Edwards said he saw Arnold walking quickly toward Whitehead, holding handcuffs and a flashlight. Arnold told Whitehead to put the handcuffs on, Edwards said.

Edwards said Arnold pulled open the passenger side door, where Whitehead was sitting, pulled out a gun and told Whitehead he was going to kill him.

Edwards said Whitehead didn't say anything. Edwards then heard a gunshot.

Edwards said he heard Whitehead say, "You just shot me."

Arnold replied, "I sure did," Edwards said."

Beaumont Enterprise

“I could see Arnold was out of control,” Edwards recounted of the events July 26, 2010, when Whitehead was killed. “He came at James with the intent to kill him, and that is exactly what he did. It was all just so crazy to get to that point. There was a yelling; then there was a shooting. Then (Whitehead) was dead.”

The Examiner
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Amazing how you can completely change a story to suit your agenda by simply leaving out all of the details that landmark included in his very thorough description of what occurred.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:

Amazing how you can completely change a story to suit your agenda by simply leaving out all of the details that landmark included in his very thorough description of what occurred.

Those statements are what landmark conveniently left out.

Read the sources, including landmark's.

Of course, that might not suit your agenda.
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Edwards was a friend of Whitehead who walked in the store with him. The grand jury heard his testimony. They evidently didn't think it worth much.

The Examiner article you linked to was written before the Observer one, which explained how despite Arnold having to go yet again before arbitration, had the city eventually settle for $300,000.

So a grand jury and two other investigations exonerated Arnold; but you still choose to defend Whitehead. Does the decision of a grand jury only count if the defendant is a white and the dead man is Black, as in the Michael Brown case? Interesting how Arnold had far more reason to believe he was in danger than Darren Wilson did, yet you defend Wilson and not Arnold.

Talk about agendas. This doesn't even pass the laugh test.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
^ +1
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Dorian Johnson was a friend of Michael Brown's. He walked in the street with him. He robbed a store with him. The grand jury heard his testimony. Apparently, it wasn't worth much. As a matter of fact, it was proven to be false.

A grand jury and the Department of Justice, the FBI, the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ and the United States Attorneys Office exonerated Darren Wilson. But, some here still want him prosecuted.

It is your opinion about the relative perceived danger of the two policemen. You have no proof of which one was in more danger, or, their perceptions thereof. Although, I don't think Arnold even had a bruise on him. And yet, you defend Arnold.

And, why do you find it necessary to capitalize the word black?

Talk about agendas and the laugh test!
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, landmark wrote:
Everything is racially motivated?
No. Just the justice, enforcement, economic, and political systems in this country. Otherwise not so much.

The other way around?
Please point to the dozens of unarmed white males shot by Black officers.

If the blacks are so persecuted how come we have a black president? Just asking.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, landmark wrote:
Everything is racially motivated?
No. Just the justice, enforcement, economic, and political systems in this country. Otherwise not so much.

The other way around?
Please point to the dozens of unarmed white males shot by Black officers.

If the blacks are so persecuted how come we have a black president? Just asking.

I cannot believe I have seen this question seriously asked in public. And let me guess, you're not even embarrassed by it, are you?

Wow. Just wow.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Not racial profiling but. But when asked for proof of car insurance, license Id, Owners card for the car and then we hear something about child support payments in arrears it does not appear that this man was a role model. But he did not deserve to be gunned down for lack of any of them. That to me was a racial hate crime, the way it went down. I could be wrong. Just looking at it from what I know so far. Just saying he did have some legal issues that no one seems to be mentioning. Is it because it is not politically correct to bring these up? The answer to that is question is more than likely yes. If brought up by someone, that someone would be accused of racial prejudice and saying bad things about a black man who was shot. Unfortunately that is the way it goes, especially here on the Café.

I do not believe the officer wanted to kill a black man that day. However the officer, I feel definitely has racial issues and should not have a been a police officer and should be punished. I hope there is no plea bargain reached. I further hope he gets his day in court and gets what he deserves.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
cat weasel
View Profile
New user
free agent
16 Posts

Profile of cat weasel
Quote:

BLACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! what an appalling term.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, cat weasel wrote:
Quote:

Wow. You really have issues. What about whites? What is so appalling? If you have not noticed whites and blacks are terms used to describe...ha, ha white and black people.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, cat weasel wrote:
Quote:

Wow. You really have issues. What about whites? What is so appalling? If you have not noticed whites and blacks are terms used to describe...ha, ha white and black people.

You definitely have a politically correct complex. I do not believe many think it appalling.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:

But he did not deserve to be gunned down for lack of any of them. That to me was a racial hate crime, the way it went down. I could be wrong. Just looking at it from what I know so far.

How do you know "the way it went down"? Are you privy to what is not seen in the video?

Racial hate crime?

Please, elaborate!
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Check your tail lights (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL