The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Check your tail lights (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, acesover wrote:

But he did not deserve to be gunned down for lack of any of them. That to me was a racial hate crime, the way it went down. I could be wrong. Just looking at it from what I know so far.



How do you know "the way it went down"? Are you privy to what is not seen in the video?

Racial hate crime?

Please, elaborate!


I do not believe I can be any clearer. Read what I posted. I will help you here it is again. What don't you understand?

"But he did not deserve to be gunned down for lack of any of them. That to me was a racial hate crime, the way it went down. I could be wrong. Just looking at it from what I know so far."

Elaborate how on what? I could be wrong. Just looking at it from what I know so far."

What the hell more do you want me to say?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
Dorian Johnson was a friend of Michael Brown's. He walked in the street with him. He robbed a store with him. The grand jury heard his testimony. Apparently, it wasn't worth much. As a matter of fact, it was proven to be false.

A grand jury and the Department of Justice, the FBI, the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ and the United States Attorneys Office exonerated Darren Wilson. But, some here still want him prosecuted.

It is your opinion about the relative perceived danger of the two policemen. You have no proof of which one was in more danger, or, their perceptions thereof. Although, I don't think Arnold even had a bruise on him. And yet, you defend Arnold.

And, why do you find it necessary to capitalize the word black?

Talk about agendas and the laugh test!

Your inconsistency is breathtaking. But not surprising.

So which is it, K, grand jury decisions should be accepted or not?

And tell us about the bruises on Darren Wilson...

The reason I capitalize Black is the same reason I capitalize Negro and Caucasian. Do you have a (non-racist) point?
cat weasel
View Profile
New user
free agent
16 Posts

Profile of cat weasel
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, cat weasel wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, acesover wrote:
If the blacks are so persecuted how come we have a black president? Just asking.



BLACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! what an appalling term.


Wow. You really have issues. What about whites? What is so appalling? If you have not noticed whites and blacks are terms used to describe...ha, ha white and black people.


you are the one with a problem, you come across as the most racist person here at the forum. Do you call others by the color of thier skin,eg faked tanned people- oranges??? do you related to Asian as yellows, Indians as reds????
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
There is really no need for courts in the USA now the cops simply decide who they are going to shoot today. I don’t know why nobody ever thought of bringing in this wonderfully elegant system before.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, landmark wrote:

Your inconsistency is breathtaking. But not surprising.

So which is it, K, grand jury decisions should be accepted or not?

And tell us about the bruises on Darren Wilson...

The reason I capitalize Black is the same reason I capitalize Negro and Caucasian. Do you have a (non-racist) point?


What inconsistency?

Where did I say grand jury decisions were not valid?

Darren Wilson...

Image


I am racist because I question your use of a capital letter?
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, cat weasel wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, cat weasel wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, acesover wrote:
If the blacks are so persecuted how come we have a black president? Just asking.



BLACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! what an appalling term.


Wow. You really have issues. What about whites? What is so appalling? If you have not noticed whites and blacks are terms used to describe...ha, ha white and black people.


you are the one with a problem, you come across as the most racist person here at the forum. Do you call others by the color of thier skin,eg faked tanned people- oranges??? do you related to Asian as yellows, Indians as reds????


As far as I know you are the only person who has an issue with the use of the terms, Blacks or Whites. Both terms are used all the time. Give it a rest. Not sure who you are trying to impress but you are failing miserably at it.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, cat weasel wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, cat weasel wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, acesover wrote:
If the blacks are so persecuted how come we have a black president? Just asking.


BLACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! what an appalling term.


Wow. You really have issues. What about whites? What is so appalling? If you have not noticed whites and blacks are terms used to describe...ha, ha white and black people.


you are the one with a problem, you come across as the most racist person here at the forum. Do you call others by the color of thier skin,eg faked tanned people- oranges??? do you related to Asian as yellows, Indians as reds????

While I think aces choice of an example was misguided / a poor one, I see nothing wrong about his use of the word 'blacks' in the context of this thread. We are after all discussing racism / persecution, and specifically that of black members of society by white cops.

Is that it, you would simply prefer that he use the phrase 'black people' or 'black community' instead of 'blacks'?

Be that as it may, 'blacks' is a commonly used / acceptable term / abbreviation. E.g., it is used in these various articles in mainstream newspaper:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/blac......ory.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/fer......tes.html
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, cat weasel wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, cat weasel wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, acesover wrote:
If the blacks are so persecuted how come we have a black president? Just asking.



BLACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! what an appalling term.


Wow. You really have issues. What about whites? What is so appalling? If you have not noticed whites and blacks are terms used to describe...ha, ha white and black people.


you are the one with a problem, you come across as the most racist person here at the forum. Do you call others by the color of thier skin,eg faked tanned people- oranges??? do you related to Asian as yellows, Indians as reds????


As far as I know you are the only person who has an issue with the use of the terms, Blacks or Whites. Both terms are used all the time. Give it a rest. Not sure who you are trying to impress but you are failing miserably at it.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I see this officer as guilty. No ifs no ands or buts from what I know at this time. I also see it as a racially motivated incident. I can see no other reason for him shooting an unarmed black man from what I know at this time other than a problem with race. that is my story and I am sticking to it. Makes no difference what color skin the man had, black or white, sorry. the officer had no legal reason to shoot him from what I know at this time.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
Apples, Oranges and Pear Shaped Creatures, lend me your ear. The USA is now a banana republic, under the control of the brutal Rockefeller regime. It is plagued by a corrupt alliance of government and corporate interests, rampant human rights abuses, police corruption and extensive use of torture. The country has seriously declined not only economically, but also in terms of civil liberties and constitutional rights. Declined so much so, that you would all be better off in Birmingham ruled by the Peaky Blinders; At least, our punters, they have a chance of backing a winner now and again.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
It seems like many here develop an opinion and no matter what a person posts if they do not...how shall I say have agreed with that person in the past they have to continue to disagree with what he posts. I think the Ferguson case was a debacle the way it was handled and the way the residents of that city acted. I feel that the officer was justified in that shooting and so did the legal system. Now that I come to the conclusion that a white officer is guilty I am still a racist in some twisted minds here. Go figure.

I am only judging the incidents by the facts, not by race. It just happens that in both cases different races are involved. My idea of guilt or innocence in both cases would not change because of color as some here indicate. So really. Who are the racists? Read my posts.

Just because you disagree with me on Ferguson you label me a racist? Unfortunately some just like to stir the pot and if a black person is involved and a white person they have to say the black person is getting a raw deal. Does it happen sometimes? Yes. All the time? No. With attitudes like that there is no hope for racial tensions to ever ease thanks to the attitude of some.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Where did I say grand jury decisions were not valid?

Back pedal much, or is this just plausible denial? Your clear implication was that Arnold was unjustified in shooting Whitehead, and could not be compared to the Wilson/Brown case; i.e. the grand jury decision was not valid.

Quote:
I am racist because I question your use of a capital letter?

My answer to your question was: "The reason I capitalize Black is the same reason I capitalize Negro and Caucasian. Do you have a (non-racist) point?"
I have yet to hear your point for asking me, so I don't know if it was a racist question.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1372 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, Andrew Zuber wrote:
I am in no way defending the actions of the officer but why - WHY - do you run from a cop? What could possibly motivate that?


Because Black people often have very different encounters with police than whites. Perhaps many Black people don't think the cops are there to 'serve and protect' them like they serve and protect others. Incidentally, Richard Pryor had an excellent routine about this, to add a little humor to a grim subject. Worth checking out. Lynn
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
White gang mugs black lady:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93bAdEf0pzc
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2015, lynnef wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, Andrew Zuber wrote:
I am in no way defending the actions of the officer but why - WHY - do you run from a cop? What could possibly motivate that?


Because Black people often have very different encounters with police than whites. Perhaps many Black people don't think the cops are there to 'serve and protect' them like they serve and protect others. Incidentally, Richard Pryor had an excellent routine about this, to add a little humor to a grim subject. Worth checking out. Lynn



ARTICLE FROM "CROOKS AND LIARS". Might help explain why he ran. I am sure he did not want to go back to prison. However it ended much worse due to a bad police officer.

Despite reports to the contrary, it appears that Walter Scott had no open warrants for his arrest when he was stopped for an alleged broken tail light by the police.

That doesn't mean he didn't understand the possibilities of what could happen to him if police got a whiff of his past record. He did, and I can see why he decided to run for it.


Scott reportedly owed more than $7,800 in back child support and legal fees before the incident, according to court documents. He had served three jail sentences over late family debts and hadn't paid any child support since July 2012.

But The Associated Press reported that no bench warrant had been issued for Scott, 50, when police officer Michael Slager, 33, opened fire on him Saturday in an incident caught on video that made headlines nationwide. Slager has been fired and charged with murder.

Court documents show Scott’s legal troubles with child support began in 2008.

In the first incident, he was caught in a traffic stop and additionally charged with an open container violation and driving under suspension. Scott served half a year behind bars for those offenses, all while owing $6,800.

He then spent a night in jail for $7,500 in back fees in 2011. After that, court documents said, he also received another evening in captivity for $3,500 he owed in 2012.

According to NBC, the amounts owing now add up to over $18,000.00. It's not hard to understand how a guy who spent some time in debtor's prison jail might have decided making a break for it was better than enduring the same thing again over an amount that had nearly tripled.

Owing back child support doesn't carry the death penalty, unless you happen to be driving while black in South Carolina and have the nerve to run for the hills.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
From the White House Correspondents' Dinner:

"Let's give it up for the Secret Service. They're the only law enforcement agency that will get in trouble if a black man gets shot."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2......_up.html
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
If you have a gun, and run from a police officer ...

- or -

If you have a gun, and point it at a police officer ....

- or -

If you have a gun and don't comply with a police officers directives (drop the gun, get on your knees, etc.) ...

... what do you expect to happen (regardless of your race)?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I think the question is, what do you expect to happen if you DON'T have a gun in those situations.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
Dorian Johnson was a friend of Michael Brown's. He walked in the street with him. He robbed a store with him. The grand jury heard his testimony. Apparently, it wasn't worth much. As a matter of fact, it was proven to be false.

A grand jury and the Department of Justice, the FBI, the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ and the United States Attorneys Office exonerated Darren Wilson. But, some here still want him prosecuted.

It is your opinion about the relative perceived danger of the two policemen. You have no proof of which one was in more danger, or, their perceptions thereof. Although, I don't think Arnold even had a bruise on him. And yet, you defend Arnold.

And, why do you find it necessary to capitalize the word black?

Talk about agendas and the laugh test!

Your inconsistency is breathtaking. But not surprising.

So which is it, K, grand jury decisions should be accepted or not?

And tell us about the bruises on Darren Wilson...

The reason I capitalize Black is the same reason I capitalize Negro and Caucasian. Do you have a (non-racist) point?


I remember a series with Dan Dailey called "Faraday and Company."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069581/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

Premise was that he was a private investigator who'd spent 25 years in a South American jail for the murder of his partner (which he didn't do). During a revolution, he gets out when the jail is bombed and makes his way to the American embassy. He meets the Ambassador who happens to be a black man;

FARADAY: I need to see the Ambassador.

AMBASSADOR: I AM the Ambassador.

(He walks away and Faraday is led behind him by two guards)

FARADAY: (to the guard) A Colored Ambassador?

GUARD: Black.

FARADAY: What are you, a bigot?

GUARD: Black. It's what they call themselves now.

FARADAY: They do?

AMBASSADOR: (who is still within earshot and without turning around) Yes, we do.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Check your tail lights (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL