The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Check your tail lights (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
And without the video, those who defended the Ferguson shooting would be defending this one too.

Bob, you are totally unfair in that statement. In Ferguson the man was not shot in the back. This man was. So stop stirring the pot. Not even close to be the same. This officer seems obviously guilty while the officer in Ferguson was not even indicted because of the evidence (some would have you believe otherwise). Compounded by the fact that this man was 50 years old and not in any kind of physical condition as Mike Brown. No where near as intimidating and you know it.

It seems as if he ran because of child support payments that he was arrears in and he did not want to go to prison. Definitely not a reason to be shot. But in his mind a reason to run. The officer should be found guilty from what I have gathered so far and should receive the maximum for his shooting of this unarmed unthreatening man. The officer's life nor anyone else's life was ever in danger and he was running away not toward the officer.

Evidence also showed that Brown was not shot in the back. Why are you saying what you are saying about people defending the officer? There is not even a close comparison in the two shootings other than race and you know it. You would swear your name was Sharpton. This man was shot in the back and was in my opinion killed by the officer for no legal reason.

I definitely would defend the officer shooting Michael Brown and definitely from what I know of this case not even remotely suggest this shooting was justified. The officer should not have even discharged his firearm much less fire 8 shots at an unarmed man shooting him in the back when fleeing. He committed no felony of any sort. So you should refrain from remarks stating that those same people would defend this officer that defended the officer who shot Brown. Because you are not speaking out of your mouth if you know what I mean.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
I hope there is no plea bargain. To my way of thinking that would be a miscarriage of justice. This officer deserves the max sentence. In this instance if I were a local I would demonstrate for a trial. Demonstrate not riot. Regardless of race of either party this man deserves as much punishment as allowed by the legal system. No plea bargain.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
And without the video, those who defended the Ferguson shooting would be defending this one too.

Bob, you are totally unfair in that statement. In Ferguson the man was not shot in the back. This man was. So stop stirring the pot. Not even close to be the same. This officer seems obviously guilty while the officer in Ferguson was not even indicted because of the evidence (some would have you believe otherwise). Compounded by the fact that this man was 50 years old and not in any kind of physical condition as Mike Brown. No where near as intimidating and you know it.

It seems as if he ran because of child support payments that he was arrears in and he did not want to go to prison. Definitely not a reason to be shot. But in his mind a reason to run. The officer should be found guilty from what I have gathered so far and should receive the maximum for his shooting of this unarmed unthreatening man. The officer's life nor anyone else's life was ever in danger and he was running away not toward the officer.

Evidence also showed that Brown was not shot in the back. Why are you saying what you are saying about people defending the officer? There is not even a close comparison in the two shootings other than race and you know it. You would swear your name was Sharpton. This man was shot in the back and was in my opinion killed by the officer for no legal reason.

I definitely would defend the officer shooting Michael Brown and definitely from what I know of this case not even remotely suggest this shooting was justified. The officer should not have even discharged his firearm much less fire 8 shots at an unarmed man shooting him in the back when fleeing. He committed no felony of any sort. So you should refrain from remarks stating that those same people would defend this officer that defended the officer who shot Brown. Because you are not speaking out of your mouth if you know what I mean.

^ +1
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
So you will offer me long odds on this cop getting off?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Acesover-

Read the link I posted above that describes how the event was being described BEFORE the video was obtained. I have NO doubt whatsoever that you would have defended the officer based on that information.

The only one speaking out of his nether region, as usual, is you.

Cat weasel- Yep. You're right.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2015, acesover wrote:
In this instance if I were a local I would demonstrate for a trial. Demonstrate not riot.

Why make the distinction?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think a plea of temporary insanity or diminished responsibility could succeed in this case.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
I am awaiting the inevitable smearing of the reputation of the man who took the video. That's usually the next step. You get used to the script after a few dozen times.

The man, Feidin Santana, on MSNBC's All In with Chris Hayes—said "that he was so afraid of what the repercussions for him might be that he considered 'erasing the video' from his cell phone.

'I felt that my life, with this information, might be in danger. I thought about erasing the video and just getting out of the community, you know Charleston, and living some place else," Santana said. "I knew the cop didn't do the right thing.' "

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/04......him-back
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Acesover-

Read the link I posted above that describes how the event was being described BEFORE the video was obtained. I have NO doubt whatsoever that you would have defended the officer based on that information.

The only one speaking out of his nether region, as usual, is you.

Cat weasel- Yep. You're right.

That shows what such rags as "The Huffington Post" are made of along with "Rolling Stone". Nothing but pot stirrers. If that is the news you wish to follow please do so, But honestly Bob I would not tell anyone. As they are nothing but bottom feeders. They not only do not report THE NEWS they tell you what others would have reported. Wow that is journalism at its best. Are you serious do even stand behind something like that? As a lawyer try using that as evidence in court. Sort of like facts not in evidence and all WILD SPECULATION.

If ever there should be a law there should be one that does not allow such drivel and trash to be fed to the public because some people are very gullible and unfortunately such trash as "The Huffington Post" capitalize on that fact. People such as yourself Bob seem to believe everyone else has less intelligence than yourself and you were put here to guide them. Well you were not and you are not. It is obvious how wrong you are as first off the man was shot in the back. Of course they also claimed so was Michael Brown but it this instance it was true. I guess all the witnesses in the Michael Brown incident were blinded by this fact...excuse the pun here color blinded and of course you jumped on the band wagon.

With all the facts I have read so far it seems that this officer as I stated before should get the maximum sentence allowed by law. That is the reason they pass laws, in order to be enforced when broken with malice and intent and it seems that is the case here. Spin this however you want Bob, but at least try and be reasonable and stop going along with such a pot stirring article which you refer to. It is not even close to being news. It is fiction that is reported as to what they say fact would be. Why? Because people like yourself will buy and read such trash and quote it and say see this is the truth. They see an opportunity to sell newspapers because of race so they do it no matter how ridiculous the article. They cannot pass up an opportunity to play the race card and stir the pot. They see white cop black man shot so lets cause more racial tension because there is not enough. Not sure of their agenda but it seems to go further then selling papers but it has nothing to do with reporting news.

I guess you feel there should be a newspaper or news channel that would report as what would be reported by other media IF THIS OR THAT HAD HAPPENED. Yea those ratings would go through the roof every liberal in the U.S. would watch and swear by it. Then they would also swear that it proves they are right. And here I thought one could not prove a negative.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
The cop acted commendably up until he lost his head and pulled his gun. Scott acted crazy throughout and I am surprised that the cop lost his head and shot him but he should not have done so of course. If I were that cop I would plead temporary insanity and blame the Scott for driving me mad. I would say that no sooner than I did it I regained my senses somewhat but panicked did what I did. Then I would rub an onion in my eye, break down and beg for mercy.

Tommy
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2662 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I am in no way defending the actions of the officer but why - WHY - do you run from a cop? What could possibly motivate that?
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, Andrew Zuber wrote:
I am in no way defending the actions of the officer but why - WHY - do you run from a cop? What could possibly motivate that?

Unfortunately they'll never be able to ask the victim. If I had to guess, based on the info on hand, I'd say that it had something to do with the back child support he owed and panic. The panic may have been fueled by recent negative vibes between white cops and black males here in the U.S. A negative vibe which whites may only recently have become aware of, but which is old news to blacks.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
Scott obviously should have stayed in the car. When he runs off, the cop is bound to think there is more to him than a minor motoring offence. For all the cop knows at that point, Scott is armed and dangerous. Despite this the cop does not pull his gun but runs after him and tries to arrest by hand. Scott is not having any of it. When the cop tries to use his Tasser Scott grabs it and tries to run off again. Up to that point the cop has done no wrong it is Scott who has.

Tommy
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Apparently the cops in Charleston, SC haven't gotten the message that, due to the wide recent media coverage of such events, before you murder an unarmed civilian in cold blood, be ABSOLUTELY SURE you are not being videoed.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
I am not defending the idiot who did the shooting. I am not defending the idiot who got shot by the idiot neither. One idiot is dead and the other idiot is in jail.

Tommy
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
We might as well do what the British are doing and put cameras everywhere.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, tommy wrote:

The cop acted commendably up until he lost his head and pulled his gun.

Why was Scott stopped?

I don't have the answer, but if it was simply due to DWB then the officer may not have been acting quite so commendably.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
"The reason I stopped you is your brake light is out," Slager says.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, tommy wrote:
"The reason I stopped you is your brake light is out," Slager says.

Which is not an offense in North Carolina. (Unless you're DWB in a Mercedes, of course.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Check your tail lights (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL