The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Check your tail lights (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:

Someone. please show any evidence of racism.

That he shot a black man running away from him, what was it, eight times?

(Also, if you look at the officer's record there were at least two other instances of what might be considered racism. YMMV.)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
The DOJ report on the Ferguson PD clearly established racist practices by the police and courts. The prosecutors, in presenting the case to the Grand Jury, were acting more like defense attorneys and didn't even attempt to make a case against the officer who shot Brown.

Maybe because there was not enough evidence to present to indict and they were just forded to hold a grand jury in order to be politically correct. I said "maybe".
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, balducci wrote:
Quote:

Police always touch the quarter panel of vehicles they have stopped to apply their fingerprints.

Interesting. What is the reasoning behind doing that?

To associate themselves with the vehicle should an incident occur where the vehicle leaves the scene.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
Quote:

(Also, if you look at the officer's record there were at least two other instances of what might be considered racism. YMMV.)

Still, no evidence of racism.

Can you prove a white man would not have been shot?
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
The DOJ report on the Ferguson PD clearly established racist practices by the police and courts. The prosecutors, in presenting the case to the Grand Jury, were acting more like defense attorneys and didn't even attempt to make a case against the officer who shot Brown.

Maybe because there was not enough evidence to present to indict and they were just forded to hold a grand jury in order to be politically correct. I said "maybe".

This has been gone over before.

Even the DOJ found no evidence to somehow claim corruption of the Grand Jury process.
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:

Perhaps you can provide us with the names of those white men shot in the back.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, landmark wrote:
Quote:

You asked for this. Jesse James. One of many. Not to mention Wild Bill Hickok. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not by the SC police best I can recall.
It was that dirty little coward who shot Mr. Howard that laid poor Jesse in his grave.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
Quote:

Read what I wrote.

Where did I say white men were shot?

I asked if anyone could prove that if the runner were white, he would not have been shot.
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Oh, my bad. No white men were shot.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, landmark wrote:
Oh, my bad. No white men were shot.

Do you have a point?

If so, state it.
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Still, no evidence of racism.

Evidence is not the same thing as proof.

That he shot a black man in the back is evidence (whether compelling evidence or not, ymmv).

As well as the fact that the officer was previously cited for incidents involving black citizens. AFAIK, he was never cited for abusing citizens who were other than black.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

http://www.thetoptens.com/most-racists-s......9684.asp

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/09......y-finds/

Why do you continue to cite North Carolina?

This incident occurred in South Carolina.

Your references show no evidence of racism in this case. None!

My mistake. Note that South Carolina is ALSO in the top ten of the most racist states:

http://www.thetoptens.com/most-racists-s......9214.asp
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, balducci wrote:

Evidence is not the same thing as proof.

That he shot a black man in the back is evidence (whether compelling evidence or not, ymmv).

As well as the fact that the officer was previously cited for incidents involving black citizens. AFAIK, he was never cited for abusing citizens who were other than black.

That he shot a black man is not evidence of racism.

He was cited for one other physical encounter with a black man and he was cleared of that charge.
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
As to the documented South Carolina history of racial profiling by police, see:

http://www.ibtimes.com/walter-scott-deat......-1874008

Also, it appears that they will be taking another look at the prior incident you referred to.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Read what I wrote.

Where did I say white men were shot?

I asked if anyone could prove that if the runner were white, he would not have been shot.

I read what you wrote. Really, you're so desperate to defend this officer that you now insist we prove a negative?
Why are you so invested in holding onto the idea that there is no racism in the US?
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
I am in no way defending this officer.

Why are you and others so invested in the idea that everything is racially motivated when it has to do with unfortunate outcomes for blacks?

Not so much when it is the other way around.
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Everything is racially motivated?
No. Just the justice, enforcement, economic, and political systems in this country. Otherwise not so much.

The other way around?
Please point to the dozens of unarmed white males shot by Black officers.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:

The other way around?

I wasn't referring to black officers shooting whites.

I was noting that when there are bad outcomes for other than black people, not much notice is taken. Like all of the black on white crimes committed that go unnoticed or unmentioned in the media.

But, if you want an example of a black officer shooting an unarmed white man, how about the killing of 20 year old Dillon Taylor?

Where was the outrage?

And, there was no DOJ investigation.

And, I don't remember any rioting or destruction.

Do you even know his name?
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
cat weasel
View Profile
New user
free agent
16 Posts

Profile of cat weasel
Quote:
Everything is racially motivated?
No. Just the justice, enforcement, economic, and political systems in this country. Otherwise not so much.

The other way around?

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Check your tail lights (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL