The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COMPLETELY MENTAL by Arron Jones & Tom Wright (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ArronJones_UK
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of ArronJones_UK
Myself and Tom Wright are completely mental...so we made a DVD called Completely mental!!
This is exclusive to world magic shop !
Seven Crazy Tricks

Two Borderline Insane Magicians

One Completely Mental DVD

Super Mint - Every time, know which spectator is holding the 'odd' mint. A self working hands off miracle.

Serial - Accurately name the first four digits of the serial number on a spectator's bill that you've never seen.

Parallel - A matching ESP style effect that leaves your spectator thinking they read your mind.

OXO - Three reveals on one note, OXO is a modern routine for the classic Tic Tac Toe prediction.

Name Killer - A signed card transposition routine visual, commercial and a little bit ambitious.

Hit the club Jack - A story deck like never before, a hilarious plot with even funnier gags

Stack - Know the location of a cross drawn on five face down coins.

here's the trailer !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L41HhSxrEaE

Cheers !
Arron Jones & Tom Wright
ArronJones_UK
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of ArronJones_UK
Also today's Wizard Product Review has me on performing Super Mint for you to check out !
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
First post, for self-promotion...

Good start on the Café !

Welcome Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Oh come on Dorian. This place is filled with more advertisements on every thread than an Argos catalogue.

Arron, saw this on the WPR today...looks good.

Good luck with it.
ArronJones_UK
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of ArronJones_UK
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2015, doriancaudal wrote:

Good start on the Café !

Welcome Smile

lol this is my new account, old one was linked to a different email Smile
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2015, ArronJones_UK wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2015, doriancaudal wrote:

Good start on the Café !

Welcome Smile

lol this is my new account, old one was linked to a different email Smile

Ok, then sorry for what I said, mate !
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Therealmagician
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Therealmagician
Saw it on the Wizard Product Review and it looks like some of tricks suit my style. I was wondering if you're going to release any performances of individual tricks before Friday? I'm intreagued by Stack, OXO and Hit the Club Jack.
nukraze
View Profile
New user
NJ
72 Posts

Profile of nukraze
Arron - saw the Wizard Product Review with you on it and am definitely interested in this release. I was wondering if you could answer whether any of these items are specific to a certain brand or currency? Does the mint trick you performed on WPR require the use of that brand of mint? Can the Stack effect be performed with US currency? Any other limitations? Thanks!
ArronJones_UK
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of ArronJones_UK
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2015, nukraze wrote:
Arron - saw the Wizard Product Review with you on it and am definitely interested in this release. I was wondering if you could answer whether any of these items are specific to a certain brand or currency? Does the mint trick you performed on WPR require the use of that brand of mint? Can the Stack effect be performed with US currency? Any other limitations? Thanks!

Super mint can only ( to my knowledge) be performed with smints. however these are a global brand and I know some people in the states who have managed to find them ! Smile also stack can be performed with US currency which is stated on the DVD Smile
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4339 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Love the vidio guy's and some nice stuff going on there,will have to look into this one.
ArronJones_UK
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of ArronJones_UK
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, Fire Starter wrote:
Love the vidio guy's and some nice stuff going on there,will have to look into this one.

Thank you !
nukraze
View Profile
New user
NJ
72 Posts

Profile of nukraze
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, ArronJones_UK wrote:
Super mint can only ( to my knowledge) be performed with smints. however these are a global brand and I know some people in the states who have managed to find them ! Smile also stack can be performed with US currency which is stated on the DVD Smile

Thanks for the feedback Arron. I'll look to pick up some smints and the DVD as soon as I have a chance. Thanks again.
MinSting
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
172 Posts

Profile of MinSting
Is there any video about the full performance of Stack ?
looks good,
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1018 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I got this and must say it's incredible! It's rare I add stuff to my repertoire and use it, but this is great!

Standouts: OXO, Serial (I already knew this), Hit The Club Jack, Parallel, Name Killer, SuperMint last.

All are incredibly good, I personally know I'll be using OXO, Serial (not as often), Hit The Club Jack (with a few modifications), Parallel and SuperMint very infrequently, but I will use it. It's a good thing to use on stage in case you loose your luggage, you'll be able to perform a Bank Night/Oddball/..... type routine. Name Killer is an incredible routine which I won't perform as it doesn't match my style anymore, but it's one that a LOT of people will use frequently.

Important to note, these aren't "miracles". These are simple yet very hard hitting effects. You're not revealing PIN numbers or bending coins (I'm stating the obvious, but people often make the mistake to buy things having that mentality in mind).

You get a live performance (sometimes even 2-3) and a studio performance. Important to note, almost every effect has a method/plot twist that makes it worth teaching, so OXO for example has a subtle change from the original basic concept that makes it far better imho. Parallel is similar to "Jazz Mentalism" but more 100 % if that makes sense. I'd consider using it before/after the Jazz Mentalism routine.

Anyways, overall this is a great dvd and I think everyone who buys this will get at least 3-4 things out of it. I'll for sure use 3, but in some specific situations, I'll probably end up using all of them.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1018 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2015, Sashac wrote:
I got this and must say it's incredible! It's rare I add stuff to my repertoire and use it, but this is great!

Standouts: OXO, Serial (I already knew this), Hit The Club Jack, Parallel, Name Killer, SuperMint last.

All are incredibly good, I personally know I'll be using OXO, Serial (not as often), Hit The Club Jack (with a few modifications), Parallel and SuperMint very infrequently, but I will use it. It's a good thing to use on stage in case you loose your luggage, you'll be able to perform a Bank Night/Oddball/..... type routine. Name Killer is an incredible routine which I won't perform as it doesn't match my style anymore, but it's one that a LOT of people will use frequently.

Important to note, these aren't "miracles". These are simple yet very hard hitting effects. You're not revealing PIN numbers or bending coins (I'm stating the obvious, but people often make the mistake to buy things having that mentality in mind).

You get a live performance (sometimes even 2-3) and a studio performance. Important to note, almost every effect has a method/plot twist that makes it worth teaching, so OXO for example has a subtle change from the original basic concept that makes it far better imho. Parallel is similar to "Jazz Mentalism" but more 100 % if that makes sense. I'd consider using it before/after the Jazz Mentalism routine.

Anyways, overall this is a great dvd and I think everyone who buys this will get at least 3-4 things out of it. I'll for sure use 3, but in some specific situations, I'll probably end up using all of them.

That was a very rough review, my point is that I'll use all of these effects. I won't lie, one or two need some work (OXO will need re-routining and Hit The Club Jack will need personalisation). I went into this thinking this was going to be a fun dvd but have to say this is one of the best, most underrated I've bought this year. It gets my highest reccomendation, and I would have never thought so when first purchasing it.)
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I met both Arron and Tom at Blackpool.

I saw most of these tricks performed, and they're great. This is a solid multi-trick DVD with pieces that could have stood on their own.

I bought Smint packs at my first opportunity anticipating the release. It's killer stuff!
ArronJones_UK
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of ArronJones_UK
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2015, Sashac wrote:

Thank you so much dude, this is the first review I have seen for the DVD , myself and Tom send our deepest thanks and we hope you get the most out of the routines, thanks man !!!

Arron Jones & Tom Wright
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1018 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Let me just mention, I liked Marked but (for anyone wanting to buy this, Arron mentions this in the DVD), it's more of a concept (a good and incredibly simple one at that) than a routine.

Also, every routine has some KILLER subtleties in them, seriously: watch the whole explanation: they are by no means slow, it's well paced,... but each routine comes with some very smart subtleties!

In this price range, this is one of the best multi effect dvd's I've bought.
Low Key
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Low Key
I watched this DVD yesterday and loved it.
Some solid ideas, some excellent ideas and subtleties, and a very entertaining watch in and of itself. Tom and Aaron both have great presence on camera and, for me, the DVD was great fun.

More specifically on the effects:

Super Mint: a clever little idea that's got me thinking of possibilities. I will be buying some Smints next time I visit the supermarket.
My only niggle with this is that it would have been nice if the example gimmick had been made using something more visible. Maybe a different colour? Hopefully that makes sense without revealing anything.

Serial: loved it! Cheeky and fun. Have tried it already and it went down a storm. My only worry is I'll overuse it.

Parallel: a very nice effect. Presented right it'll be very strong. Not much more to say. Some seasoned performers probably have their own versions of this, but for me it was nice to see this in action.

OXO: again, very strong and looks like real precognition. I didn't know the extra number reveal at the end, so that was a nice bonus for me too!
There's a little bit to remember here, and I would worry about playing someone who made the wrong move (yeah, my friends aren't great at noughts and crosses...), but once I'm confident I've got the stuff I need to remember remembered I'm going to be trying this.

Name Killer: watching this was so much fun! I don't know if I'll use it as or not, but it brought a smile to my face.

Hit the Club Jack: again, great fun to watch. As a female performer I'm not sure I'd present it as is, but there's some great food for thought here anyway.

Stack: another really fun, slightly cheeky effect. Love it. Can be done pretty much impromtu (I don't think its saying too much to say all you need is some 10p coins or equivalent and a pen).

In summary a really fun DVD that's got some great ideas as well being a blast to watch.
Strikes me as good value for money, and I'm very happy with my purchase.
ArronJones_UK
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of ArronJones_UK
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2015, Low Key wrote:
I watched this DVD yesterday and loved it.
Some solid ideas, some excellent ideas and subtleties, and a very entertaining watch in and of itself. Tom and Aaron both have great presence on camera and, for me, the DVD was great fun.

More specifically on the effects:

Super Mint: a clever little idea that's got me thinking of possibilities. I will be buying some Smints next time I visit the supermarket.
My only niggle with this is that it would have been nice if the example gimmick had been made using something more visible. Maybe a different colour? Hopefully that makes sense without revealing anything.

Serial: loved it! Cheeky and fun. Have tried it already and it went down a storm. My only worry is I'll overuse it.

Parallel: a very nice effect. Presented right it'll be very strong. Not much more to say. Some seasoned performers probably have their own versions of this, but for me it was nice to see this in action.

OXO: again, very strong and looks like real precognition. I didn't know the extra number reveal at the end, so that was a nice bonus for me too!
There's a little bit to remember here, and I would worry about playing someone who made the wrong move (yeah, my friends aren't great at noughts and crosses...), but once I'm confident I've got the stuff I need to remember remembered I'm going to be trying this.

Name Killer: watching this was so much fun! I don't know if I'll use it as or not, but it brought a smile to my face.

Hit the Club Jack: again, great fun to watch. As a female performer I'm not sure I'd present it as is, but there's some great food for thought here anyway.

Stack: another really fun, slightly cheeky effect. Love it. Can be done pretty much impromtu (I don't think its saying too much to say all you need is some 10p coins or equivalent and a pen).

In summary a really fun DVD that's got some great ideas as well being a blast to watch.
Strikes me as good value for money, and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Really glad you liked it Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COMPLETELY MENTAL by Arron Jones & Tom Wright (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL