The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pat Conways Jumping Matches (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
882 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Might anyone here have the instructions to Pat Conways Jumping Matches? I came across the effect in my purchases but it was lacking the instructions..... Hope someone can help me out as its a nice addition to my Matchbox Magic Collection....
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22821 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Never heard of Pat Conway making a Jumping Matches. I know he made a rising match box back in the 1970's. Recently, there was a post on his match box may still be available from him in England.

Found it here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=4
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22821 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There was a jumping match trick sold by Repro Magic in the U.K. back in the 1980's. It was good trick, but you it depended on timing it right. Room temperature would change the time of the matches to go flying. The person who bought the remaining stock, will not sell the products as there are 5000 products.

I don't believe it was created by Pat Conway.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
882 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
I have it on pretty good authority it was a Pat Conway effect. Plus it uses the same style of gimmick that he used in his Pin-e-tration effect. This effect has no timing issues or temperature needs. Two distinctive match boxes are each marked with a colored dot that matches the color of the matches inside the box. A magical pass is made and when the magician opens the boxes the dots have changed colors and the matches inside have switched. This is a real fooler and was hand made in a very limited amount.....
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22821 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Pat Conway is still alive and living in England as of 2014. You can reach him by leaving a message with the Magic Circle in England.

My fault, I assumed that Jumping Matches - jump out of the box, but as you describe, they do not. Oh well.

Oh, you only want the instructions, I missed that part some how. Sorry for interfering.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
882 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Thanks... I will give that a try
RussellJ
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, UK
7 Posts

Profile of RussellJ
We still have a few of Pat's matchbox tricks in stock. From your description I think this is called Passe Passe Matches. Although by now you've probably sorted out the instructions?
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
882 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
I am! Actually Pat himself sent me a copy after a mutual friend put us in contact.
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Judah,

Was the trick called Passe Passe Matches?
I just got my hands on this effect in mint condition and love it!!
Very clever.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
882 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Yes... This is a pretty old thread. And my matchbox magic collection has only grown.. SMH.

Thanks tho
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pat Conways Jumping Matches (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL