The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card Magic - Injog (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mudblood
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Mudblood
Sorry for these newbie questions but I'm getting frustrated with this.

When I'm doing an injog, if I am not running any cards before the injog, I can do it fine (it probably protrudes too far from the deck, but I can work on that).

Now, when I'm running cards off before an injog I'm running into a problem. As I begin to shuffle off the rest of the cards after the injog, I am losing the injogged card into the deck. My pinky finger isn't holding it well enough. I'm not sure what is causing this problem.

Has anyone had this problem before?
Remillard
View Profile
New user
Mississauga, On
84 Posts

Profile of Remillard
One thing you might try is to injog a small packet of cards rather than just one.
Jescilito
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Jescilito
Work on your grip in the hand that receives the cards. It's ok to sort of straddle the pack between the index and pinky fingers to start the shuffle. When you injog the card, rest it on top of the pinky. You no loner need to straddle the remaining cards as they are shuffled into the receiving hand and the pinky can loosely hold the injogged card in place. You can make the remainder of the shuffle look sloppy just as long as you let you pinky remain on the injogged card. At first when your practicing go ahead and injog the card as far as your comfortable with and slowly make the distance shorter as you work at it. Making the shuffle look sloppy after you injog will hide the card nicely. Keep working at it until you can look away and talk as you do it.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Mudblood,

Just keep on practicing, all of a sudden it will feel and look right. One of the best books that helped me is the "The Magic Book" by Harry Lorayne. The Card College book ( I think volume 1) also has a good description.

Good luck,
Bruce
Shadowstalker
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Shadowstalker
It is indeed volume 1 of CC.
I can also recommend checking the Roy@l Road, it has a good description to.
Smile

When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable.
Teller
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card Magic - Injog (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL