The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » London Escape this Friday 13th? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
eric52
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of eric52
There seems to be a rumour that there will be a major and possible dangerous escape in London on Friday 13th February. I heard something from a friend who saw Robert Gallup during his Chinese tour and it was implied by a member of Robert's crew that something was being planned in London, possibly by the River Thames. Don't know any more, as the guy wouldn't tell, but it looks interesting......

Anyone got any more info?
SchmoMag
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of SchmoMag
I've heard this rumor as well. I hear he's flying into London today or tomorrow for an escape on the River Themes somewhere in Greenwich on Friday... and there's a large glass box involved? This sounds a bit derivative?
cat weasel
View Profile
New user
free agent
16 Posts

Profile of cat weasel
The last person to do a stunt in a box was rubbish. If there is an escape happening I hope it is a really an escape. Having seen Gallup's TV special, if the rumour is true it should be something special, mind you Friday 13th isn't a good omen.
eric52
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of eric52
IF Robert Gallup is involved, it should be something spectacular. A Glass Box and a Crane? Better be good!
I'm trying to find out more, but now I know it's in the Greenwich area, maybe the local boys in blue will know a bit. Anybody feel like phoning and asking?

HOW ABOUT THIS! I have just called the Police in London and they HAVE CONFIRMED that something involving Magic is being filmed by the BBC in Greenwich on Friday, apparently beside the Cutty Sark. They had no more information, but it looks as though something big is about to happen. Pass the word!
cat weasel
View Profile
New user
free agent
16 Posts

Profile of cat weasel
Hi Eric52, thanks for calling the cops. Do you or the cops know if it is going to be an aerial escape or a box lowered into water? Maybe it will smash into the ground like the Death dive escape from the cage Gallup was in and had to get out and then put a parachute on. Oh and he also had to get out of a mailbag in the cage. Keep us up to date. Sounds exciting.

Chris
eric52
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of eric52
Chris..The cops don't know (or aren't saying what's involved. I'm just assuming that it will be pretty dangerous, and as there is a glass box and crane involved, maybe it's a way of showing how glass boxes and cranes can be made to look exciting! (I'm sure you know what I am referring to!!!)

It's all very hush hush at the moment and no more information seems to be getting through, so maybe the newspapers are involved and they want something exclusive. If you hear anything, just post it on the forum.
SchmoMag
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of SchmoMag
Heard more info... not sure WHAT exactly is happening, but it's definitely happening at the Cutty Sark in Greenwich around 5:30pm on Friday. Count ME in!
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yes 5:30pm by the Cutty Sark and Mark Cannon is doing the rigging! Wish the UK escapologists had the backing that the US has!
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Hi Ken,
UK Escapologists? What about us Canadians? Same goes for both groups. Steve Santini
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yes Steve even in the last war we did the fighting while the GI`s had all the money (Plus the women!) I know that's the truth because I was the result from one of them! Ha ha ha.
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Hi Ken,
Well, I guess at least one particular G.I. did at least perform some sort of "functional yet friendly invasion",(at least where you are concerned!) Good thing too! Steve Santini
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
There has been nothing in the local press or media about it so I hope that whoever is doing the escape gets a good crowd.

Now if they want a real challenge, they could do it off the end of Southend Pier (at 1.3 miles long its the longest pier in the world) although I might save that one for my Graduation from the local University.

Congratualtion to all involved...looking forward to reading what happened later)
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
The best thing about the end of Southend Pier is the Pub!
Thanks Steve, now was that the word too or tool in your statement (Don`t worry that's UK humor, if you don`t get it).
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Hi Ken,
I get it. Not to say that I was the one to originally "get it", if you know what I mean, only that I do in fact now "get it". Now THAT is good Canadian humour from one very bent Canadian escapist. Regards, Steve Santini
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
Well it sure isn't the view!

Still at least they have a Pavilion there now with a stage.

Anyway, does anyone have any info on the escape, Its 8pm here so somthign must have happened by now....or its on heck of a warm up act!
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
In the UK Bent means ********* so I hope not !
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Me too! Steve
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi, I just received a phone call from Robert Gallup a half hour after the performance, the cell/mobile phone line was breaking up so not much detail. The escape was a success. Paramedics were required. More later.

Ian
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Hmm anyone care to guess what kind of escape was done. Don,
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Well still no News coverage, I should imagine the kind of escape done was an expensive one !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » London Escape this Friday 13th? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL