The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Guide to buying Card to wallet (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
I have a question. Sorry for my ignorance. Can you use the same wallet for the trouser back pocket and the breast pocket of your jacket? Or you have to use a different kind of wallet depending on the pocket you use?
THECLAW
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of THECLAW
Quote:
On May 9, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
Instead of wasting bandwidth, why not just post links to the reviews?

And, a nitpick, the Stealth Assassin does not meet the criteria of the thread - card to wallet.

Hi Kabbalah,

Just a bit of info,with a bit of creativity "ANY" wallet, including a regular mans wallet, can be used for card to wallet! Just saying.
Alden
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Alden
Heart Attack Wallet

Hi guys and gals, was thinking of purchasing the above wallet on Magicbox, anyone seena demo or got their hands on one of these. I'm a bit reluctant to buy without first seeing a demo of the wallet in action,
Thanks '
Aiden
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On May 19, 2015, Juliano wrote:
I have a question. Sorry for my ignorance. Can you use the same wallet for the trouser back pocket and the breast pocket of your jacket? Or you have to use a different kind of wallet depending on the pocket you use?

Hi Juliano in my opinion there is no stupid question, most the wallets reviewed so far I would say can be used from most pockets so if its a hip style wallet it will still work great from inside the jacket pocket however some of the larger cheque book style wallets tend to work best from the jacket pocket due to there size I hope this helps.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On May 19, 2015, Alden wrote:
Heart Attack Wallet

Hi guys and gals, was thinking of purchasing the above wallet on Magicbox, anyone seena demo or got their hands on one of these. I'm a bit reluctant to buy without first seeing a demo of the wallet in action,
Thanks '
Aiden

Hi Alden whilst I don't know much about the wallet you mentioned your in luck as the very man that manufactures those wallets is the Tony Miller who is a top bloke known on the café as Doomo if you have any questions regarding this wallet you will find him very helpful as he's always helping magicians out here on the café.... I hope this helps.
Alden
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Alden
Warren thanks a million for that, I will pm him now, really appreciate the help,

Aiden
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Hello Alden. Sorry for taking so long. I have been in the hospital for a bit. But as to the Heart Attack. It is my reworking of the Hip Pocket Bombshell. It has an integral(Built in 22 card index for unfolded playing cards or business cards and or bills(paper money). Things can be loaded from the index into the loading chamber. It does anything the old Bendix Bombshell did or the predator and anything the Bombshell did. And I must admit it is quite a lovely looking wallet. Magic Box sold out there first run. They just reloaded. They are the only ones in the UK who will have it. I must admit that it allows a lot of very neat effects. including many non card effects. I keep mine loaded for K.Killer and Pocket Space+ and Grandma Money and still have empty slots and and still does a great no palm card to wallet. Well I hope that helped. Sorry I guess I ran off at the keyboard there. But I have been cooped up a bit for a while and it is nice to talk again...

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Hi Warren,

I have been using the JOL line for years and I love it. I also wanted an everyday style wallet but at that time he did not make those and I discovered the Mesika Wallet, which I really like except for the just-a-bit-too-small zipper compartment. An unfolded poker size card will fit but you will damage it in wrestling it out of the zipper compartment.

So, my question is this: with regards to using non-folded poker size cards, does the JOL hip wallet have this problem also, or is the card, once loaded, easy to get out of the zipper compartment without mangling it?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated! If anyone else has input or can compare the Mesika and JOL wallets in regards to this issue, feel free to chime in!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Hi Dr_J whilst I've never owned a Mesika wallet I am familiar with it. I personally have never had any problems using a JOL in regards to removing an unfolded card from the zipper compartment.

At this moment in time I use a JOL as my every day wallet and use it regular, in fact I've just purchased a spare and I'm comtemplating purchasing JOL plus wallet too.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Thanks Warren! I appreciate your input - I would recommend the JOL Plus wallet - it has a lot of very good features built into it and you can get quite a bit out of it.

My only caution would be to think about whether or not you want the wallet to do a lot of things. If you only want it to do Card to Wallet (inside of a zip compartment) and nothing else, consider the EZ Wallet or the No-Palm wallets. Not only are they a bit thinner overall but they are also a bit cheaper.

Brian Bonsall at Propdog.co.uk makes the JOL line now and actually has videos for most of the wallets on the website (including the Hip Wallet but the video just did not answer my specific question).
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Yes Dave does a great job over at Propdog all though to be honest I personally don't agree with his video's being so open to the public I would rather him follow the suit of others such as Nick Einhorn and have those sort of revealing video's password protected.

Getting back to the subject of wallets however Dave doe's make some great products and his customer service is excellent, having contacted Dave in the past over products if you have any questions he would be only to pleased to help you.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
This is a very helpful thread, Warren. Thank you.
amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of amirb401
Well this is a surefire something ill read in the next few days
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I hope you find it of some use Smile
mysticmelville
View Profile
New user
Scotland
51 Posts

Profile of mysticmelville
Hi,

does anyone out there (UK based) know where I might be able to pick up an old Roy Roth piece of work called Reverse Osmosis Outdone. If someone has one they are willing to let go please PM me. Thanks in advance, D
McIntyreMagic
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn, NY
88 Posts

Profile of McIntyreMagic
Hi all, trying to decide on a wallet, is there any palm and no palm hip pocket wallet? Also, with the jol hip pocket wallet how smooth is the load because I have heard quite a few very different opinions. Lastly, again thank you warren for making this great thread!
John McIntyre
My website: http://mcintyremagic.com
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of seraph127
Here's a review I left at Bob Solari Magic for the BKM Wallet:
Quote:
I own this and it's hard to believe that it can be sold at this price. The materials and build quality are absolutely top shelf. It actually has an ID slot with acetate "window" - so many wallets don't and I always thought it made them look fake. Plenty of credit card slots in which cards fit well: snug but not too tight. The Balducci/Kaps load works well and uses a credit card as a guide. The load chamber is big, so one could (with a little arts 'n crafts work) rig up a pay envelope to receive the card - Bingo! LePaul Wallet! The zipper is smooth and snag-free. The Mullica side is a checkbook cover and has a "locking" mechanism to hold the card in place, freeing up your hands. The instructions contain a bonus: a NO-PALM method for loading the BK side. At this price, you can afford it even if you rarely wear a jacket (it's a piece of luggage). When you get it, it may inspire you to start wearing one!

Link to product listing at Solari Magic.
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On May 10, 2017, McIntyreMagic wrote:
Hi all, trying to decide on a wallet, is there any palm and no palm hip pocket wallet? Also, with the jol hip pocket wallet how smooth is the load because I have heard quite a few very different opinions. Lastly, again thank you warren for making this great thread!

If your looking for a multi purpose hip type wallet then The Undercover Wallet might meet your needs as it has a Mullica feature ( I'll include a link for you )

With regard to the JOL wallets your asking the wrong person as I'm a massive fan of this wallet so in my eyes the load is easy as I can load it from my front pocket, back pocket or inner jacket pockets.

I have one as my everyday wallet plus I have a spare ready to go when mine gets to old, that said I'm thinking about getting a JOL Plus wallet next as it will allow me the same excellent features whilst allowing a few other things Smile

/www.magicshop.co.uk/the-undercover-wallet-dvd-and-gimmick-by-andy-nicholls-and-titanas-trick?utm_source=google_shopping&kw=pla-100155453201+c&fl=1000&ci=45067850961&network=pla&gclid=CP-M7tGu6NMCFU637QodDWwCNA

Hers the link
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On May 10, 2017, seraph127 wrote:
Here's a review I left at Bob Solari Magic for the BKM Wallet:
Quote:
I own this and it's hard to believe that it can be sold at this price. The materials and build quality are absolutely top shelf. It actually has an ID slot with acetate "window" - so many wallets don't and I always thought it made them look fake. Plenty of credit card slots in which cards fit well: snug but not too tight. The Balducci/Kaps load works well and uses a credit card as a guide. The load chamber is big, so one could (with a little arts 'n crafts work) rig up a pay envelope to receive the card - Bingo! LePaul Wallet! The zipper is smooth and snag-free. The Mullica side is a checkbook cover and has a "locking" mechanism to hold the card in place, freeing up your hands. The instructions contain a bonus: a NO-PALM method for loading the BK side. At this price, you can afford it even if you rarely wear a jacket (it's a piece of luggage). When you get it, it may inspire you to start wearing one!

Link to product listing at Solari Magic.

So my name was removed from the BKM wallet? Well. That kind of sucks.Especially as it was my first commercially released wallet.

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of seraph127
Quote:
So my name was removed from the BKM wallet? Well. That kind of sucks.Especially as it was my first commercially released wallet.

I didn't even notice that! A regrettable oversight, to be sure. And I stand by everything I said in that review. I don't understand why it's not a more popular wallet, unless it's perhaps because of it's size.
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Guide to buying Card to wallet (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL