The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Tips on Centrifugal Force C&B Move? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KenRyan
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of KenRyan
Does anyone have any tips on successfully doing the Centrifugal Force move with cups and balls? It is on the "30 Tricks With Cups and Balls" DVD. I just cannot seem to make it even come close.

Thanks.

Ken
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Without trying to be flippant, it takes practice and time to do.

It took me a good while before I was proficient.
"But there isn't a door"
KenRyan
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of KenRyan
Tom. I was assuming that going in. It has been the case for every other thing so far - the thousands of trials and hundreds of hours just to do a 2-handed fan or coin roll, etc. And I still don't have those moves down perfectly.

What I was hoping for was a way to get me started or a tip or two on ways to practice it that ended up being the thing that finally clicked for someone else. For example, after months of practicing a 2-handed card fan, I could tell a beginner that holding the deck a little more loosely with the left hand is one thing that I discovered made a huge difference for me.

On this centrifugal force move, I am just sort of guessing my way through since the video doesn't say much. Also, I don't how much would be OK to say in this forum without getting close to exposure. One thing I did practice was to simply scoop the ball up from the pad with just the cup - no other hands or fingers to load it. But I can't seem to do it from the initial position. Are the any key things like "wait until the ball is on the back side of the cup and then go," or "you'll know when it's safe to go without the ball just rolling really fast across the table when..."

Thanks.

Ken
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Tips on Centrifugal Force C&B Move? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL