The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The 'Matrix' Levetation (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Grizzly
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Grizzly
So many magicians did a trick at one point or another where they would lean back in a pose that is physically impossible to do in real life. For example, they might lean back all the way as if they were laying down and take their leg and bring it up onto their other leg. I know that this is done with a special suit made out of metal that goes up his legs and supports his back. I thought that this would be a cool trick to be able to do as my dream is to be a professional magician. I don't know what the suit is called but if anyone could link me to a site or video where I could buy or make this suit that would be splendid. Thank you so much.

Click here to view attached image.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I think that you will find that nobody will answer you. Its your first post, nobody knows who you are and the Café isn't somewhere where you can find secrets. Most people here talk routines not secrets so , sorry to dissapoint you but that's why you are not getting any answers.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Grizzly
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Grizzly
Well thank you for telling me.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Why not tell us a little about yourself, age your magic preferences, how long you have been practicing magic, what got you started etc.
The folks here are a helpful bunch and once they get to know you they will offer help and advice, so don't be disheartened and welcome to the Café.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8687 Posts

Profile of harris
Welcome.

It would be cool to do the Matrix coin and cards while doing the Matrix Levitation.

Harris
still 2 old to know it all
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Grizzly
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Grizzly
Well I'm still a teenager but my dream is to be a professional magician. I am just starting at magic and know that this is pretty advanced stuff, but I think that it would be cool to perform some amazing tricks when I get a bit older. I only started magic three months ago, but when I start something, I go head on and learn everything I can about it. I have seen many tricks, I know a lot of tricks, and I also know how a lot of professional tricks are done.
zoic
View Profile
New user
UK
65 Posts

Profile of zoic
I searched out the Matrix on the net a couple of years ago. I can tell you here its hours of preparation for a minute effect.

This will help you (If you haven't seen it already), Look up this guys show on youtube -

Magic Fridays From Jamie D. Grant
Grizzly
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Grizzly
Seems like a cool, show, thank you for referring me to it. I guess it could take a while to set up. Was there anything else useful anyone found on the Matrix Effect?
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I bought the plans for it a few years ago. Biggest waste of money ever. It's not something you can do at a party, etc. You have to be set-up, and after that your motion is really limited.It'ssomething you could do on a stage(ala CrissAngel), but as soon as the filming is done you have to get undressed to function as a normal human being.

I would compare it to the "lean", a great effect where you can lean forward about 45 degrees without falling. You don't see this very often - it takes special rigging and about 30 pounds of "equipment" to make it work.

Yes, it's cool - but you hardly see anybody doing it - because it's just not practical.

Jim
Grizzly
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Grizzly
Thank you for me telling me about the lean. I will definitely look into it.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I would quit "looking into" all the "amazing tricks" that are out there, and start learning how to become an amazing performer. That has nothing to do with the tricks you do, and everything to do with the "YOU" doing the tricks. The Matrix and the Lean are visually amazing -- and then what?? There are people who can take a coin and a deck of cards, do four or five tricks, and leave with the audience wanting more. And there are those of us who run down and buy every and any visually amazing thing that grabs us, and have to wake up the remaining audience to let them know the show's over.

The other issue is -- before and after this, what are you going to do?? A truly professional performer crafts an entire show front to back. Each "trick" is wrapped in a routine that has meaning to that specific audience. Each show consists of routines that are engaging and well thought-through to amaze that specific audience. And all of this performing is done by a logical and consistent character that can engage with the audience in front of him. This is where most new magicians go wrong: Copperfield, Blaine, and others have people who come because they want to engage with the performer; the rest of us have to do the hard work of engaging with the audience in front of us.

It ain't the tricks -- it's the performer.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8687 Posts

Profile of harris
Yes ...it is Schtick...(bits of business as we connect with our audience)
as much as lick...( methods, props, years or hours practicing....)

for both
magic
&
music
performance.

at least that is my experience.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The 'Matrix' Levetation (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL