The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Magic YouTube Channel (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Hey guys here's my complete close-up act.
Hope ya like it!
scotchrocket
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
120 Posts

Profile of scotchrocket
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, tyler_rabbit wrote:
Hey guys here's my complete close-up act.
Hope ya like it!

Fan of your work and a fan of relaxed and personable patter (you recommended amateur at the kitchen table to me and I bought & loved it), so it was great to see you perform an extended set. Thanks for sharing Tyler, that whole set was a lot of fun.

P.S. You have a good eye for picking spectators.

P.P.S. I'm totally taking that "microbrew jokes" term and I may – or may not – credit you with it.
All about borrowed coins.
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Thanks for the kind words!
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, scotchrocket wrote:
P.P.S. I'm totally taking that "microbrew jokes" term and I may – or may not – credit you with it.

LOL go for it!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Great work TR.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
That was wonderful!

I also liked the "microbrew" joke, but even more, I enjoyed the actual (microbrewed) jokes! I burst out laughing at the "I bought them in China... I mean, you saw me materialize them right here", and I deeply appreciated the (story) of the spectator going "well, it's a magic show, seems pretty likely!" - I've thought the same thing in the past, and I'm sure many others have, too.

For the routine itself, I thought your use of Imagination Coins as the final coin through-table was fantastic - a great way to be both clean and get a spectator. I also really liked intro sequence where you started with a gold (it looked silver?) coin, switched to a washer, then said "let's pick something in the middle" as a way to introduce the Chinese coins pseudo-organically.

I think my only real criticism was in the finale: I felt you were pushing "it's my finale!" "really the end now!" a little too hard/frequently, It gave me the feeling of those breakdancing street performers, who build up their last trick for 15 minutes to grow the crowd, pass around the hat, etc. Yours certainly wasn't to the same extent, but that was the overall impression. Of course, that's just my opinion, you're welcome to decide differently.

Thanks again for sharing!
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
That's great feedback. Thanks a ton, Tons. I agree there's too many false endings, or at least mentions of a finale..
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2018, tonsofquestions wrote:
That was wonderful!

I also liked the "microbrew" joke, but even more, I enjoyed the actual (microbrewed) jokes! I burst out laughing at the "I bought them in China... I mean, you saw me materialize them right here", and I deeply appreciated the (story) of the spectator going "well, it's a magic show, seems pretty likely!" - I've thought the same thing in the past, and I'm sure many others have, too.

For the routine itself, I thought your use of Imagination Coins as the final coin through-table was fantastic - a great way to be both clean and get a spectator. I also really liked intro sequence where you started with a gold (it looked silver?) coin, switched to a washer, then said "let's pick something in the middle" as a way to introduce the Chinese coins pseudo-organically.

I think my only real criticism was in the finale: I felt you were pushing "it's my finale!" "really the end now!" a little too hard/frequently, It gave me the feeling of those breakdancing street performers, who build up their last trick for 15 minutes to grow the crowd, pass around the hat, etc. Yours certainly wasn't to the same extent, but that was the overall impression. Of course, that's just my opinion, you're welcome to decide differently.

Thanks again for sharing!
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Hey gang! Couple routines from my friend Makoto.

The card trick is going to be available for purchase/download literally any minute now on Dan and Dave's site.
Will definitely be posting more of his coin work in the near future.
You're going to be seeing more of this very bright and talented guy in the world of magic.
scotchrocket
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
120 Posts

Profile of scotchrocket
The timing and pacing on that coin routine is something to admire.

The coin-to-mouth in particular was spectacular, but I loved the whole routine so much that I looked him up on YouTube to see what the rest of it might look like Smile

There's no substitute for putting in work. That was really graceful magic.
All about borrowed coins.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Have to agree rocket...So very well done, and as you say, "putting in the time," that's what it's really all about, and that's why it looks so good. Smile

And tyler always posts some really great videos of some wonderful magicians, not always any such big names but just awesome performers just the same, much like himself. The coin and card work here are stellar and so much fun to watch. And I will be watching for Makoto going forward here...He's quite impressive! Smile

You can learn a lot watching these guys work, and yep, when it all comes together, that's what it looks like...Magic! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
EasyK
View Profile
New user
The secret is in one of my
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Nice channel👍
'My brain is the key that sets me free.'
- Harry Houdini
TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of TheGladsomeBeast
I seriously sat down and watched all 83 of your videos last weekend lol. It was amazing. I watched Makoto's one coin routine video like 20 times. Great stuff!

Makoto - Quick One Coin Routine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Re7YIX-Wo
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2018, TheGladsomeBeast wrote:
I seriously sat down and watched all 83 of your videos last weekend lol. It was amazing. I watched Makoto's one coin routine video like 20 times. Great stuff!

Makoto - Quick One Coin Routine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Re7YIX-Wo

Hahah omg you poor soul! That's like 5 hours!

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I've been forwarding your comments to Makoto and others...
Coming in the very near future:

Coin magic performances by Sinbad Max, creator of BOX.
Really enjoyed hanging out with this dude a bit while he was here in the US.
Chill dude and incredibly skilled with coins.
https://youtu.be/nXQyKj-3nPM

Full 20 minute Bijan The Magician Comedy Special coming in about 2 weeks!

I'm performing at the Magic Castle in the Close-Up Gallery May 3-6. If you're around, come and say hi!

In the coming months I'll be releasing 6 of my routines/effects which have appeared on the channel.
Have shot and edited about 3/4 of the material.
Am releasing the effects in a totally free but secret low-key way..
Basically to get the downloads, you'll have to find them based on a few clues..
Once they reach a yet to be determined number of views (maybe 1000?) they will vanish..
Quality will be comparable to a commercial DVD, but again: it'll be totally free.

Thanks again for the support and encouragement!
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Here's a new video of Sinbad Max doing some nice work while he was in town:
EasyK
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
After watching on your channel a bit I must say that I really enjoyed the Close Up Magic Act 2018. Great showmanship! Beautiful girl in the audience, and fun jokes. Well done Mr. Rabbit. Just what a act should look like Smile
- Harry Houdini
EasyK
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
And the Sindbad 3 Fly version was smart. Smile
- Harry Houdini
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2018, EasyK wrote:
After watching on your channel a bit I must say that I really enjoyed the Close Up Magic Act 2018. Great showmanship! Beautiful girl in the audience, and fun jokes. Well done Mr. Rabbit. Just what a act should look like Smile

Thank you!!!
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2018, tyler_rabbit wrote:
Here's a new video of Sinbad Max doing some nice work while he was in town:
Wilktone
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville, NC
258 Posts

Profile of Wilktone
I'm looking forward to your original routine releases. I've really enjoyed and been inspired by your YouTube channel. That said, I have one gripe - I want to see more Tyler Rabbit performances!

Dave
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, Wilktone wrote:
I'm looking forward to your original routine releases. I've really enjoyed and been inspired by your YouTube channel. That said, I have one gripe - I want to see more Tyler Rabbit performances!

Dave

Thanks Dave! Am releasing a "DVD" soon!
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Here's a quick video Makoto and I made.
What are your thoughts on his continuous production?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Magic YouTube Channel (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL