The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unbreakable Phone by Lynx Magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
GoncaloGil
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of GoncaloGil
Hello,

We had a problem with our website server, but its already fixed. You can download the voiceover.

Kind regards,

Gonçalo Gil
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Ok I was able to get the English sound file. However there is a grammatical error in the recording. The announcer says, "For the final..."

That sentence doesn't make sense. It should either be "for the final effect" or "for the FINALE..."
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, GoncaloGil wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2015, MR Effecto wrote:
Got this today. Ya fast shipping. I live less than a 100 miles from Penguin. Anyways. he props are really well made and thought out. No D.V.D with this but a down load with on how to set it up and perform it. That was OK. The only thing I did not like was you also got a down load with the voice over. Easy enough but the voice goes to fast for me. Meaning when performing this you will have to keep stopping the tape.It goes way faster than in the demo but maybe someone was stopping it on there as well. I can still work this out but I wish it came with a D.V.D. anyways. I glad I got this and it will go into my show. I lot of room to be funny with this. 8 out of 10. Any questions please P.M. and I could help.

P.S. The phone to use with this is a Iphone but with the hanky more folded up and having them use just two fingers to hold it no problem with most phones.

Thank you for the compliment on the illusion.

About the audio, we say in the instructional video that is important to adjust the audio to your pace / routine, using audio software or by having the sound assistant control it for you.

Every magician has its own pace, so would be practically impossible to make the voiceover fit every performer.

Hope it helps.
s

That's not really true I know many magicians that use the vanishing bandana sound track without having to use an assistant to control the speed or resort to trying to alter it with software. I think it would be pretty easy to put together a soundtrack that would work for most people, having it too short is much worse than having the gap slightly too long, if the audience is still laughing when the next part of the track starts the effect will get lost. I perform the vb and think this is a great audition but I don't think I would buy it as it is. I don't use assistants and I'm not techy enough to alter it.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I feel the same way. I don't use a assistant. I wish they would redo the sound track.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I think the main problem here is that the Lynx guys are not English therefore the pacing etc is not what it should be.

I am going to be using this myself and will redo the sound track, if anyone buys this from us they can have a copy when I have done it.

We have this in stock ready to ship http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/2442.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, Saturn UK wrote:
I think the main problem here is that the Lynx guys are not English therefore the pacing etc is not what it should be.

I am going to be using this myself and will redo the sound track, if anyone buys this from us they can have a copy when I have done it.

We have this in stock ready to ship http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/2442.html

Sounds good to me 😀
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:

Oh now c'mon Mark, that's not fair. You continually keep adding so much added value to the items you sell that you're making it too difficult for me not to purchase from you, even though I'm located about 8000 miles from you.
So I guess I want to tell you to keep up the good work even though part of me strangely hates it when you do. Smile
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Mark is a spot on dealer, what he does is goes out of his way to help folk ,sometimes even if not purchasing off of him, I will be using Saturn magic more and I will be putting an order in for a few thing's ,not this though to much and not my cup of tea.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
If you want the English soundtrack from me edited to work solo, pm me proof of your purchase.

But can Lynx Magic re-record that one sentence so it's grammatically correct and send it to their English speaking customers?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
P.M. you itsmagic.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, videoman wrote:
Quote:

Oh now c'mon Mark, that's not fair. You continually keep adding so much added value to the items you sell that you're making it too difficult for me not to purchase from you, even though I'm located about 8000 miles from you.
So I guess I want to tell you to keep up the good work even though part of me strangely hates it when you do. Smile

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When it comes to UK dealers Mark is streets ahead in terms of service.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Have been editing the audio all morning. I decided to delete the "for the final..." part. I also deleted out other small parts of the audio that to me didn't make sense in the flow of performance. I moved parts of the audio around, added the crescendo sound effect to a couple parts of the audio and inserted pauses where I think needed. Seems polished now. I might add a background track to this too.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
In addition to the audio editing required, some other things to be aware of if you're buying this for use in the US.

1. The Pringles can that's included is Eruropean size so you will not find a matching can height to use in the US. So just buy three Pringles can and make your own gimmick out of one of them.
2. The can cover stickers do not match US can covers. So you'll have to prepare the other cans to make sure the covers match.
3. The kit only comes with one zip lock bag, so you'll have to buy additional bags. Should be able to find them on eBay relatively inexpensively. Would've been nice if the creator included more bags.
4. This will not fit any phone bigger than the iPhone 6 or if the selected phone has a big case on it.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I would also suggest that if you borrow a phone with any slight cracks or marks on the screen that you point them out before proceeding with the routine.

You don't want anyone denying that they were there beforehand and blaming you for any damage.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Very good point David!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, itsmagic wrote:
In addition to the audio editing required, some other things to be aware of if you're buying this for use in the US.

1. The Pringles can that's included is Eruropean size so you will not find a matching can height to use in the US. So just buy three Pringles can and make your own gimmick out of one of them.
2. The can cover stickers do not match US can covers. So you'll have to prepare the other cans to make sure the covers match.
3. The kit only comes with one zip lock bag, so you'll have to buy additional bags. Should be able to find them on eBay relatively inexpensively. Would've been nice if the creator included more bags.
4. This will not fit any phone bigger than the iPhone 6 or if the selected phone has a big case on it.
thanks for all your help and ideas.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I sat down today and edited the audio.

It turned out ok but the grammar error is still there.

It plays out ok and the timing seems to work fine but it's still not quite right.

The audio track is useable but I'm going to have it redone with proper voiceover by someone that has English as their first language.

I also cut out the magician pose and eyebrow parts which are just not me, well not the way it plays anyway.

In all this is a great package but more time should have been spent on the audio .

When I get my custom track made buyers from us can have a copy along with the edited version I made today.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
That's a great offer Mark!!

Excuse my ignorance but is a Pringles can actually large enough to take all IPhones?
The new 6 plus is very big and so I doubt that fits?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
No you won't get a plus in the tube but a 6 will fit ok.

You may know I do Matthew Wrights Wonder Phone so I'm sort of use to doing this kind of thing.

I always choose a phone I'm going to use in advance so nothing is left to chance and keeps the show flowing.

I have rewritten the script for this and it's off already to the voice over girl, fingers crossed it should come back ok, I sent a copy of the vanishing bandana audio so she knows how its supposed to sound etc.

The script I've written will be good for this effect or the Wonder Phone which is what I wanted so I can choose which effect to do as the Wonder Phone is one big prop and I don't take it to every show for this reason.

I've also added a line the tells you to "Now examine the volunteers phone for any damage, polishing with the fabric if necessary."

This way you are reminded every time to check the phone for damage before you start.

Even though I've now rewritten the whole text for the routine to suit me (and paying for a new voiceover), I'm really pleased Lynx released this as I would not have thought of doing this type of presentation myself.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Unbreakable Phone – Lynx Magic

Product description : From the company who brought you the highly acclaimed Lynx Wallet comes a new presentation on the classic "Bandana trick" which is one of the most known routine performed on stage where the magician puts on an audio tape and perform a routine. Here you will do the same but you will borrow the phone of a spectator. Is it good ? Let's find out !

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $114.95 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's partner shop as well as on the Lynx Magic Website : http://lynx-magic.com/

What you get : You receive a very nice packaging with inside a gimmicked pringles can, a special handkerchief, a ziplock bag and a bunch of gimmicks as well as a little magic wand specially designed for the routine. The instructions can be seen online and you are able to download the audio tape in many different languages ! So far, everything is perfect !

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQSQeX60QeA

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
You will have to have a briefcase on stage if you want to perform the routine. This could be a con for some which is why I mention it here.

THE PROS :
It's a pack small play big routine and it gets the spectator emotionally engaged into the routine since it's their phone.
I do think that if done correctly, this would get a huge laugh because you will "destroy" the spectator phone in front of everybody.
The material provided is first class, made from durable material and you will be able to do it with most phones. Keep in mind it has to fit inside a pringle can so I don't think it can be done with an Iphone plus or a samsung note.
The routine is all made up, you just have to adapt it to your own style because the way the audio tape is designed won't fit everybody.
They thought of everything so you're provided with a little zip bag so the phone isn't touched by pringles and of course, the phone is not damaged in any way.
Some may think it lacks of justification but I think, again, if you redo the audio which is the core of the routine, you will get huge reactions.
The can doesn't have to be changed everytime you want to do the trick. And gimmicking a new one isn't too difficult.

Overall rating : This is a solid routine, it's very easy to do and will entertain your audience. 3/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, there is no difficulty. Just focus on your presentation ! 2/5 stars.

Similar products : The classic Bandana trick gets a lot of great reactions, as Unbreakable phone ! It's nice to have another presentation of the same trick so you can decide which one to perform. However, it's a solid piece of 5 to 10 minuts of magic !
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unbreakable Phone by Lynx Magic (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL