We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Final Loads (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Thanks, Bill!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mallory9
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of mallory9
I use small tennis balls from walmart
ULockJustice
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
185 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
I use limes for the first load. I tend to work in bars so it makes sense. My final final load is to make my watch vanish from my wrist and re-appear underneath the center cup. On occasion I have substituted my Bear Grylls Ultimate Survival Bracelet for the watch.
This is the profile of Comedian + Magician Erik Tait. A self-promoting sleight of hand artist who thinks he is the cat's meow.

PM for beard tips.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1739 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I have a set of cups that are copper on the outside, & white in the inside. They were given to me with a trunk of magic about 50 years ago. There was also an original Tarbel course in the trunk.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1001 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
I have a Sherwood set of smooth copper, 4 different coloured Sherwood load balls, and 4 Sherwood red and silver sparkling manipulation balls, and a pouch made by Frank at The Ambitious Card. Not very period, but I'm in heaven with the combination.
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I troll the flea markets, big box stores, joke shops, pet shops, sporting goods stores, etc. with an eye out for final loads. It's second nature to me now.

I have several crates of final load balls, etc. that I haven't even unpacked. I may clean these out and get them to a manageable herd.

I'll post a notice here when I have something that might strike someone's fantasy.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
magicshowprod
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
109 Posts

Profile of magicshowprod
Has anyone ever made a cups and balls where the cups were ice cream cones and the balls were scoops of ice cream? I can see some fun routine possibilities!
Don Shock
The Magical World of Don Shock
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
That could get sticky! Maybe cones and cherries then ice cream final loads. And a spoon wand!
Reality is a real killjoy.
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
[quote]On Jul 24, 2015, magicshowprod wrote:
Has anyone ever made a cups and balls where the cups were ice cream cones and the balls were scoops of ice cream? I can see some fun routine possibilities! [/quote

I think something like that was mentioned in The Last Word on Cups and Balls. I think that was Eddie joseph.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
782 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2015, Michael Baker wrote:
When I was using these cups, I used the loads seen, although only four of them. I made them from vinyl (faux leather for the "swells" Smile ). They are stuffed with seed. The cups are huge (I silently call them my flower pots). They are so beat up, and just gorgeous, eh? Smile The balls are close to baseball size.

Hi Michael,
Where did you get these final loads (if you recall; or maybe you made them?)? I love the look of these and the juggling balls you can get commercially don't quite have the right look. - I'd love to use working balls made in the same fashion as well, but have never been able to find any in a good size (7/8" or at most 1").
Thanks!

Oh... and I use Fab Fruit (currently). One time, years ago, when I used them in a Parlour Show, someone checked to see if they were solid and even though they were, I got the feeling it was a disappointment that they were fake.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I've used Key Limes as working balls and then random other fruit as finals. 'Course I only use 2 cups.

My cups were from Sweden, and really big, a Baseball could fit with room. It was sexy.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Final Loads (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL