The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Jamie Raven on Britain's got Talent. (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Anybody see it? Just wondering what the card effect with the magicians hat is? Is it anything new? Looked very cool.

---
INMOTION
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
167 Posts

Profile of INMOTION
[quote]On Apr 18, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Anybody see it? Just wondering what the card effect with the magicians hat is? Is it anything new? Looked very cool.

I believe the card effect with the magicians hat is Card-Toon by Dan Harlan
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/353
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Thank you very much INMOTION. My wife is going mad over this trick. I knew the dirty work (if you can call it that) was cut out.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Jamie Allan did Cardtoon with a projector on one of his DVDs. Went over very well.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
It's really good, a restaurant magician I was visiting does this in his table work/walkaround. Passed the girlfriend test for sure.
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
The Daily Mail comments section has already published the name of the trick. Its hard to keep publicly performed tricks like this secret, especially on a show like BGT.
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Impressive - see something small can play B I G and get a standing ovation!

Great job
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Amazing he took a 10.00 Trick with a great presentation & won the judges & the crowd over. Extreme burn was also nice with the customized bills for the judges BRAVO !!!!!
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Good that Magicians are coming over well. I expect that Simon Cowell is taking note of the Americian result!
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2015, corindaman wrote:
Good that Magicians are coming over well. I expect that Simon Cowell is taking note of the Americian result!

Yep he's had a massive change around on his approach to magicians...must see that people are tired of the same old thing.

His reactions to Jamie's stuff were a bit OTT though..
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Thank you very much INMOTION. My wife is going mad over this trick. I knew the dirty work (if you can call it that) was cut out.

It shows if you have to cut the dirty work out its no where near as strong ? Otherwise why cut it out ?
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Wow ,that brought a tear to my eye,good on him, he performed great and well deserverd YES'S.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Cowell recognised the genius of the greats in Jamie's performance...

Vladimir Vladimirov, Mike Kozlowski, Pat Page, Dan Harlan, Richard Sanders.

Standing on the shoulders of giants. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
charlies_hat
View Profile
Regular user
Norwich, UK
108 Posts

Profile of charlies_hat
I carry Cardtoon in my close up case but haven't done it regularly for a long long time.

All credit to Jamie for using 3 'regular' close up effects and showing that when well performed, it's a strong as anything.
That said, I always think that it come down to how engaging you are without the magic, assuming you reach a certain skill level.

What a shame though that this sort of thing happens so quickly : http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/bri......led.html

The fact that he amazed & more importantly entertained etc is forgotten and is immediately replaced with "Oh, it's a trick, well you're not impressive then....". I don't find any articles saying "We've looked into this and it turned out it was well known song that someone else had written and she just copied it and sang the same tune...."
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
It must be getting increasingly easy to fool Simon Do well, he was convinced a dog was actually talking last week !!!
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
dd123
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dd123
Being careful not to tip the method, there must've been some editing on the show as we never saw him touch the pack or pick out the chosen card before rifling through. Or have I missed something?!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I've heard there's a Jamie Raven tribute act on the go already. Not as good as the original but four times the fee and the audience have to sit in a straight line in front of the performer to see the show.

I'm sure Jamie Gonzo will get lots of bookings.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2015, Tarik Flash wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2015, pegasus wrote:

It shows if you have to cut the dirty work out its no where near as strong ? Otherwise why cut it out ?

Don't worry, Tarik. It's very strong. It's just a tiny bit "procedural" and in a fast-moving show like BGT, the producers probably thought it was 10 seconds that could be lost without harming the trick; in fact it improves the trick. But real-life audiences will neither notice the difference nor care. (I'd be interested to know if Jamie knew it was going to be cut out. I suspect he might have, because usually the actual selected card is face up at the end on the table.)

Wasn't it great to see someone doing tricks like that and getting such a strong reaction?! I loved his pick-a-card presentation with the judges!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Just goes to show that it's not what you do ,it's how you do it!!!!!!
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Exactly. kudos to Jamie for knowing the right kind of trick to impress in that environment.

The great shame is that the format doesn't really give us the opportunity to see him more as an individual and the blurbs before the act and the to camera emotional pieces do take away the mystique from a magic act.

Lets hope as he progresses they start to trust him enough for him to be different.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Jamie Raven on Britain's got Talent. (33 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL