The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Jamie Raven on Britain's got Talent. (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
And now we know all he got was his BFH.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Steve Crossley
View Profile
New user
Eastbourne, UK
23 Posts

Profile of Steve Crossley
Does anyone know why at the end of his performance and when he's being congratulated by the judges he makes a "throat cutting" gesture?
GL3N
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of GL3N
I think he wanted them to cut the music at the end maybe ?
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler

What I don't get about this is: even if he had used purely magical supernatural witchcrafty dark occult unknown powers to get the bill into the lemon ... the bill still would have occupied space within the lemon, right? And that space would have been empty after the bill was produced, right?? So on what basis are people upset that the lemon had an empty space left after the bill was produced???

What's the thought process here?
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, cheesewrestler wrote:

What I don't get about this is: even if he had used purely magical supernatural witchcrafty dark occult unknown powers to get the bill into the lemon ... the bill still would have occupied space within the lemon, right? And that space would have been empty after the bill was produced, right?? So on what basis are people upset that the lemon had an empty space left after the bill was produced???

What's the thought process here?

It's the fact that you can see right through the lemon - i.e. you can see his hand through it... it's not just a hole where the note had been sitting, it's a complete tunnel - from outside to the centre...

You can't see it that well in the photo, but if you watch it back you can see his hand through the hole.
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
It's the fact that you can see right through the lemon - i.e. you can see his hand through it... it's not just a hole where the note had been sitting, it's a complete tunnel - from outside to the centre...

You can't see it that well in the photo, but if you watch it back you can see his hand through the hole.

Ah. Thanks. Yeah, I didn't see anything but the hole in the lemon in the photo.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2015, cheesewrestler wrote:
Quote:

Ah. Thanks. Yeah, I didn't see anything but the hole in the lemon in the photo.

All for the sake of a wrist kill as she pulled the note out of the lemon. Oh, well. This is something that I doubt would ever be spotted in real life, but now that there are cameras doing close up shots as magicians perform things, it's going to have to be thought about by anyone performing.
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
Yes exactly - not Jamie's fault at all, very easily done, especially if you're not used to having to think about camera angles. Most close-up pros know their spectator angles, but wouldn't even give a second thought to some rogue camera pointing straight down at your shoe/lemon etc! Smile

And to be fair, you couldn't even see it in real-time anyway.. the shoe nor the hole! It's only due to freeze-framing the exact frame where the angle is perfect, that people have been able to see it!
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, Steve Crossley wrote:
Does anyone know why at the end of his performance and when he's being congratulated by the judges he makes a "throat cutting" gesture?

I'm guessing that he had another effect lined up to perform for Amanda, but decided to cancel it for some reason.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2015, Robmonster wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, Steve Crossley wrote:

I'm guessing that he had another effect lined up to perform for Amanda, but decided to cancel it for some reason.

Maybe he wanted to off her! Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
r1chyoung
View Profile
New user
Oxford
92 Posts

Profile of r1chyoung
Jamie in interviewed (and talks very openly) about his experience on Britain's Got Talent on this weeks episode of The Magicians' Podcast. It was literally recorded two days ago:

You can listen here:

http://magicianspodcast.podbean.com

or here:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-......286?mt=2
Thanks, Richard
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2015, Hustler2014 wrote:
Press bloody love it don't they Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl......led.html

Perhaps one of the most half-arsed "exposure" articles I've seen. Not only does it resort to speculation (particularly in the Derren Brown case), but, apparently stuck for material, the author of the article only found enough "dirt" that she had to include how Penn & Teller do their cups and balls routine ... a routine that tells you how they do their cups and balls routine. I look forward to the earth-shattering expose in which she points out how often P&T's spectators choose the 3 of Clubs.
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
LOL yes, pretty pathetic wasn't it... just jumping on the bandwagon of magician bashing, post BGT.

And then you have the same inane reader comments at the base, like, "none of these tricks are magic, they're all a con"... as if other tricks ARE actually magic!! Again, it's like they've rumbled some conspiracy and finally discovered that those tricks actually have a 'means' of being achieved!!

:)
RobinReality
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of RobinReality
First performance annoyed me a bit. Two off the shelf tricks on a show designed to bring personal recognition? Doesn't seem right somehow. Nicely done thumb tip change, but after that it was essentially riding Dan Harlan and Richard Sanders' backs. Somehow didn't set right with me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Jamie Raven on Britain's got Talent. (33 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL