The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » The Future Of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AlexanderS
View Profile
New user
Austria
16 Posts

Profile of AlexanderS
Hello members of the Magic Café! Smile

Recently I have been thinking a lot about the future and development of todays life in general. So due to the fact that magic shows completely changed over the past 50/100 years, I want to know your opinion on the magic show of the future. What do you think: How will they differ from todays shows? Performance style? Probably some new genres? etc. etc.

I am looking forward to your opinions and visions on the future of magic. Smile

Yours,
Alexander
Tukaram
View Profile
Loyal user
Iloilo, Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
I think in the high tech world we live in people are getting jaded. It will take a lot more to impres them. It could lead to some great creativity though. No matter what... it should be a fun ride.
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
I think the future of Magic will be Virtual Reality!
I remember doing a 200 page research project on this for Paul Harris 16-18 years ago.... Now where did I put that material?
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
Marco Tempest has all the answers.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Magic will be stronger than ever -- it is imagination that will die.

Demonstrations of arcane arts like adding numbers on a piece of paper or finding a person's name in a phone book will seem very magical.

A person find a location by using a folding map will be considered a Mentalist, and a person demonstrating a slide rule will risk being burned at the stake.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Magnets!

"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I wish I could remember where it was , but recently when I was reading through some old Genii magazines from the 30's or 40's I found a quote from someone pondering whether magic had any future in light of all these newfangled technological advances like radio , television , etc . ? How could people continue to be impressed by magic in light of all this amazing technology ?

In my view the biggest blow from technology seems to be the cheapening of magic by the proliferation of unskilled people exposing magic (or doing "tutorials" which is just another name for exposing) on YouTube . The venerable 'Magician's Code" is no more . The rule to practice, practice, practice until it's perfect before you perform it in public is no more. Some kid buys the latest wonder from an internet magic shop (or more likely illegally downloads it from a torrent site ,unless it requires a specially made prop or gimmick) , pops in the DVD , spends 15 minutes playing around with the trick , then sits in front of his webcam to make a "tutorial" (expose) of how it works ("Hi, guys, pretty cool , huh ? Add comments below and give me a "Like" ... and do you have any other tricks you want to share ?" ) . Smile Smile Of course under-rehearsed performances by amateurs is nothing new either ,but before YouTube they didn't have such a wide platform to foist their lousy performances on the rest of the world. It's not so much the crass exposures that hurt in the long run, but the general cheapening and lack of respect for the art form .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » The Future Of Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL