The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The other side. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Jeff I am sorry that is idiotic. More ready To shoot blacks?

Let me explain this to you. Once threats exist to your life there is no time for prejudice.

When people make sweeping statements like that it tells us more about you than cops. YOU would be more likely to shoot blacks. You do not know what is in the mind of others. You have to ascribe that.

I hope Stone will forgive me for slightly re-phrasing his point and hopefully not changing it significantly. Agreed that "*once* threats exist to your life, there is no time for prejudice." But the question is whether, perhaps (probably on a subconscious level), race factors into the internal, instantaneous, subconscious calculus of *whether* a threat exists to your life.

That is, in the most borderline cases, is it possible that one might perceive and react as though a deadly threat exists when the suspect is black, but not if the suspect is white?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Media, they wouldn't happen to also be controlled by the Blue Bloods would they? They wouldn't happen to be using the old divide conquer tactic, using the race card to split the poor people of all colors who are being killed by the Blue Bloods enforces, apart, would they?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

I hope Stone will forgive me for slightly re-phrasing his point and hopefully not changing it significantly.

You are forgiven.

I appreciate it when someone understands me. It's a difficult task, because I'm never as clear as I would like to be.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Jeff I am sorry that is idiotic. More ready To shoot blacks?

Let me explain this to you. Once threats exist to your life ...

I think most people of good will will accept that when there is a threat to your life, one does what one must do.

But what about when there is no threat to your life...that's the real question.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Put on a uniform. ..well a target actually, then we can talk about how you define threat.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Define it any way you like--I'm not arguing that.

My question is, is there a difference in how (some) cops react when their lives are not in danger, based on the suspect's race?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
A man in a uniform with a poor man as a target seems a fair definition of a threat to me. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Put on a uniform. ..well a target actually, then we can talk about how you define threat.

I'm closely acquainted with enough police officers to know that they're not all of a uniform (pun intended) mind on such questions.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yfi3Ndh3n-g

Interesting perspective here. And this is simply a simulatIon.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yfi3Ndh3n-g

Interesting perspective here. And this is simply a simulatIon.

It's a brilliant counter to what I was suggesting.

And yet....

We are still avoiding the most difficult questions, because they might involve race. The lesson of the exercise, according to the civil rights activist, is "compliance". Could it be that an African American youth is less/more likely to comply with the request of a black/white cop?

My main point is that we think so, even if it isn't true. But my other main point is that we ought to be address whether it is true, and we aren't doing that right now in America. We are afraid of being accused of racism.

Thanks for the link, Danny.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Until racism can be discussed without accusation and false labels nothing will change. And make no mistake the race peddlers love it. Once there is harmony they have to go get jobs.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Until racism can be discussed without accusation and false labels nothing will change.

Exactly my point.

You, Danny, looked at the video with a cop's eyes. As you know privately, and I will now say publicly, you have my respect and admiration for your (very) hard-earned perspective.

But I watched the video with different eyes. I was never a cop. What I myself saw was a cop who might have reacted differently had the suspect been black. As I said: I'm not afraid of being called a racist for noticing the color of the suspect, because I think that in America we are making such automatic judgments. I don't want to be a racist or a bad person. But yes, I notice the color of people's skin, and it affects my opinion.

Some see my tattoos and see someone other than who I am. It doesn't make them racists or bad people, either. But they notice, and it affects their opinion.

I'm tough enough to face my own prejudice. Not everyone is. That does make me a better person. Smile
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2015, tommy wrote:
Yep. Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithini said that foreigners should “pack their bags”.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ap......outbreak

Can you imagine the outrage if a western head of state said that?
Its amazing that some of the worst racism on the planet goes unmentioned...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The other side. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL