We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mirrors (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Brian Thomas
View Profile
New user
Virginia
61 Posts

Profile of Brian Thomas
Loved it...great story telling. I remember Doug Henning performing this effect...so very long ago.
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2015, David Parr wrote:
..... I ended up with a mountain of research material about the folklore of mirrors, so the difficult part was choosing what stuff to cut and what to leave in.

You choose wisely my friend,

Great Job

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1018 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Looking forward to your presentation at the ECSS next year. I'm sure it will be the highlight of the weekend.
Bob
balzar
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of balzar
Utterly compelling.
Thanks for sharing.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
881 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2015, Intrepid wrote:
Looking forward to your presentation at the ECSS next year. I'm sure it will be the highlight of the weekend.

Be sure to let the folks at ECSS know that, Intrepid! I'm not sure if the booking is a done deal yet.

And thanks Brian, Kono, and balzar. Yeah, I remember seeing Doug Henning perform the Flexible Glass effect in his live show, and it left a strong impression. Bending the mirror looked so magical.
Sam Hagen
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Hagen
Just stumbled on this thread. Love the story.

In my country (especially in my area), when someone dies, the family of the deceased one will cover/remove every mirrors in the house.

S.H.
May you live in interesting times.
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2015, David Parr wrote:
Thank you, Hudson. When putting together the script, I ended up with a mountain of research material about the folklore of mirrors, so the difficult part was choosing what stuff to cut and what to leave in.

David,
Is there any chance that your research on the 'Folklore of Mirrors' might be made available to the rest of us. I would really like to purchase a copy.

Thank You
kOnO
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
881 Posts

Profile of David Parr
K0n0, sorry to say I never formally wrote up all of my research. Much of it was in the form of scribbles on index cards. If you're interested in this subject, I recommend reading The Mirror: A History by Sabine Melchoir-Bonnet.
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Thanks David I will look for that

kOnO
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
Quote:
On May 11, 2015, kOnO wrote: David,
Is there any chance that your research on the 'Folklore of Mirrors' might be made available to the rest of us. I would really like to purchase a copy.

Thank You
kOnO

kOnO this should help some? ... Fauna of Mirrors:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fauna_of_Mirrors

Good luck!

~ Nyama ~
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Thank for the LINK ~ Nyama ~

Great Find

kOnO
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
Anytime kOnO, you're very welcome! Definitely and interesting read!

~ Nyama ~
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mirrors (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL