The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Favorite Performers of Card Magic (57 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
MagicT
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1242 Posts

Profile of MagicT
Bill Malone does not lecture. He does not like to perform for magicians. Daryl does lecture. Anyway, just wanted to clear the air on that.

Both Daryl and Bill are very good at what they do. Most of you have not seen Bill perform in his setting. Watching him on DVD, or World's Greatest Magic, or even in a session is not how he would perform at a paid gig. He is quite entertaining, funny, witty, and very good at sleight-of-hand.

Daryl is equally as good, although his performing style is different. There really should not be a comparison between the two.

Best,
Trini
Trini Montes
doopyloop
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of doopyloop
"Bill Malone does not lecture. He does not like to perform for magicians. Daryl does lecture. Anyway, just wanted to clear the air on that."

Thank you. I did not know this about bill malone.

"Both Daryl and Bill are very good at what they do. Most of you have not seen Bill perform in his setting. Watching him on DVD, or World's Greatest Magic, or even in a session is not how he would perform at a paid gig. He is quite entertaining, funny, witty, and very good at sleight-of-hand."

Actually I think he is good performer even on DVD! But yes I think it is obvious that in pro performing show that he does not do everything on DVDs. He can do them but pro performing situation demands more.

"Daryl is equally as good, although his performing style is different. There really should not be a comparison between the two."

I agree also! I just think maybe I understand why magician compare them. Or maybe think they can compare.
supremefiction
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
To me it is a dead tie, as I mentioned. They are both great in different ways.

When I said: "They are both technically outstanding . . . Malone might have a marginal edge."

Note the words "might" and "marginal."

I think I said this because Malone had intense tutelage under Marlo, who as we know had multiple ways to do multiple things.

But this makes no material difference, they are both great.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5579 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Yes. We understand and appreciate the words might and marginal. And we agree it makes no material difference.
Bill Malone is world class- one of the best on earth. Daryl is otherworldly.
Both awesome!
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1713 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Since the original question was 'who is your favorite' I'd have to say, those who know when to their audience has had enough.
I don't do many card tricks mainly because up to now, they really didn't fit in with what I was doing, and also because there are so many great routines out there, that it not only became too difficult to choose what to spend my time learning. Getting more into it these days though.
The favorites that come into my mind, who unfortunately are long gone, are Al Goshman, Frank Garcia, & Del Ray. I considered them pure entertainment.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10519 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I( GUESS NO ONE HEAR REMEMBERS THE LAte great PEPE CORALE FROM SPAIN...........

VINNY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jorge Betancourt
View Profile
New user
Monterrey, Mexico
60 Posts

Profile of Jorge Betancourt
Michael Vincent
Guy Hollingworth
Richard Turner
Armando Lucero
David Williamson
René Lavand
Ricky Jay
Bebel
Yu Ho Jin (he does manipulation, but still magic with cards)
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1289 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
The other day I experienced the best close-up magician I have ever witnessed. So I have to add him to my previous list...ohh, it was Ben Earl
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
My current favorite is Kostya Kimlat.
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2015, vinsmagic wrote:
I( GUESS NO ONE HEAR REMEMBERS THE LAte great PEPE CORALE FROM SPAIN...........

VINNY

HI Vinny, the name is Pepe Carrol, and most Spanish magicians remember him. He was one of the greats, and he left us too soon.
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
671 Posts

Profile of danaruns
Mine would be:

Bébel
Alex Elmsley
Kostya Kimlat
Juan Tamariz
Eugene Berger
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
GodSpeed23
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
12 Posts

Profile of GodSpeed23
Ricky Jay
Juan Tamariz
kostya Kimlat
Eugene Berger
And Ricky Jay gets a second vote because...he's Ricky Jay.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1206 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2015, Zephury wrote:
Darwin Ortiz - For reasons anyone can agree with!

Jason Ladanye - Though a student of Darwins and in many ways similar, I get a different experience when watching Jason and I particularly enjoy it.

Allan Ackerman - Many people view his video tape performances as quite boring but when I saw him live at Gary Darwin's club, I'll never forget how great of a show he put on that night.

Doc Eason - Though not purely a cardician, or a technical mechanic, Doc has been one of my very favorite performers for a long time now. Watching his Snowmass tapes were amongst the most enjoyable video experiences I've ever had. I felt like I was there in person.

I would have to disagree about Darwin Ortiz. In fact I've heard a rumor that the Magic Castle is stocking up on Naloxone kits to be distributed to audience members in the unfortunate event that Ortiz and Ladanye perform back to back!

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
RDeNatale
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of RDeNatale
Lennart Green
John Guastaferro
Roberto Giobbi
Daryl
Michael Ammar
SimonG-97
View Profile
Special user
507 Posts

Profile of SimonG-97
Michael Vincent
Micheal Vincent
Micheal Vincent
Micheal Vincent
Eugene Burger
Jamie-boy
View Profile
Regular user
Berea, Ohio
182 Posts

Profile of Jamie-boy
Mike Massaveg
Bill Malone
Daryl
Ricky Jay
Michael Ammar
James Sievert
Sleight of Hand Hobbyist since 1990.
Bassist since 1973.
Duoquadragesimus
View Profile
New user
Zurich
51 Posts

Profile of Duoquadragesimus
Pop Haydn
Ricky Jay
Lennart Green
Dani DaOrtiz
Pit Hartling
... and the list would go on
William Dee
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of William Dee
Paul Harris
Jimmy Grippo
Frank Garcia
Rene Levand
Etc.
Marcus1
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Marcus1
Jerry Sadowitz
David Williamson
Bebel
Lennart Green
Juan Tamariz
Guy Hollingworth
Ricky Jay.
supremefiction
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
Stephen Hobbs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Favorite Performers of Card Magic (57 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL