The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Looking for a literary agent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I am looking to put out a book on humor not related to magic. If there are any literary agents out there who could lend a hand, let me know!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I'm not a literary agent, but this is a good resource. Probably at your local library if you don't want to buy a copy.

http://www.amazon.com/2015-Guide-Literar......?ie=UTF8
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Publishers will rarely look at a book that does not come through an agent. The agents are a sort of weeding out process.

You need to do a good solid proposal and write a substantial amount of the book. Make sure it is edited, and completely error free (grammar, spelling, syntax, the whole works). Then get a guide to literary agents (Writers' and Artists' Yearbook in the UK, the equivalent in the USA). Pick out all the agents that handle humour, and sent it to thirty or forty of them.

Some with reply, but give them six to eight weeks. Most won't. That is why you send it out to so many.

Best of luck with it.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Thanks, good advice!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
It is not the same thing but my nephew works for news agency and it’s amazing how much they will pay for a funny story. They more or less buy and resell them to national newspapers.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Looking for a literary agent (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL