The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Age of Ultron (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On May 3, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:
I didn't particularly like it, but with the marvel story-arch that is developing, it made a few an important contributions. Just filler in the series of movies though. I actually enjoy the special effects, and action scenes, but I'm 15 so I'm the target audience for such things.


I enjoyed it, but I agree with Zach in that it had a "filler" feel, a kind of in between feeling as Marvel sets the stage for what's to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2VoJuVfbjI

CIVIL WAR NEXT YEAR!!!!!
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I'm looking forward to that with much anticipation. I also can't wait for ant-man, but the one I'm most exited about is Dr. Strange. Not only is he magic, he is played by Sherlock Holmes!
Reality is a real killjoy.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Dr. Strange! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On May 3, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:
I didn't particularly like it, but with the marvel story-arch that is developing, it made a few an important contributions. Just filler in the series of movies though. I actually enjoy the special effects, and action scenes, but I'm 15 so I'm the target audience for such things.


I'm 59 and I enjoyed it completely.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On May 6, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On May 3, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:
I didn't particularly like it, but with the marvel story-arch that is developing, it made a few an important contributions. Just filler in the series of movies though. I actually enjoy the special effects, and action scenes, but I'm 15 so I'm the target audience for such things.


I enjoyed it, but I agree with Zach in that it had a "filler" feel, a kind of in between feeling as Marvel sets the stage for what's to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2VoJuVfbjI

CIVIL WAR NEXT YEAR!!!!!


THAT I am NOT looking forward to!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On May 8, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On May 6, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On May 3, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:
I didn't particularly like it, but with the marvel story-arch that is developing, it made a few an important contributions. Just filler in the series of movies though. I actually enjoy the special effects, and action scenes, but I'm 15 so I'm the target audience for such things.


I enjoyed it, but I agree with Zach in that it had a "filler" feel, a kind of in between feeling as Marvel sets the stage for what's to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2VoJuVfbjI

CIVIL WAR NEXT YEAR!!!!!


THAT I am NOT looking forward to!


But Ed, it's superhero vs. superhero.

Think of the action scenes man!!
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Btw, what did you guys think of Ultron?

I was disappointed myself, and I'm a huge James Spader fan.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On May 9, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On May 8, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On May 6, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On May 3, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:
I didn't particularly like it, but with the marvel story-arch that is developing, it made a few an important contributions. Just filler in the series of movies though. I actually enjoy the special effects, and action scenes, but I'm 15 so I'm the target audience for such things.


I enjoyed it, but I agree with Zach in that it had a "filler" feel, a kind of in between feeling as Marvel sets the stage for what's to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2VoJuVfbjI

CIVIL WAR NEXT YEAR!!!!!


THAT I am NOT looking forward to!


But Ed, it's superhero vs. superhero.

Think of the action scenes man!!


I don't like the premise. I didn't like it in the book and I don't think I'm going to like it in the movies.
For those of you who weren't following it. After a disaster, Tony (Iron Man) Stark comes to the conclusion that super heroes are dangerous.
He starts a movement to have all heroes registered (with their secret identities made public) and they are only to work at the government's request. If you got caught using super powers without government sanction, you were thrown into the Negative Zone!

Steve (Captain America) Rogers fights this and the heroes split up into two camps (Ben (The Thing) Grimm decides not to take either position, but they're probably not going to go into that).

The bizarre thing is, the writer of "Civil War" who was English, expected his American audience to side with Tony! He felt that America wanted "gun control," so it stood to figure they would want "super hero control." He was astounded by the outpouring of support for Cap and his position. He had a reporter slam Cap with "straw man" arguments that all the fans on Cap's side tore apart easily. Since he was writing the scene however, Cap just stood there with no responses.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think it is just going to fall into to many action scenes with a lame premise to use as an excuse for violence. We will see.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Then don't watch it.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
That's not how Marvel works. They could release anything and most people would watch it. They would be mad about it, and slam it, but would still see the sequel.
Reality is a real killjoy.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Not true. People like movies Marvel Studios releases because they are quality movies with intelligent writing and direction. Proof is how several poorly written 'Marvel' movies have been slammed and done poorly, i.e. Daredevil (the movie), Electra, Ghost Rider, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of the Civil War story line either but I expect the movie to be very good.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I actually enjoyed Ghost Rider. But I am a fan of tree comic as well.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On May 9, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:
That's not how Marvel works. They could release anything and most people would watch it. They would be mad about it, and slam it, but would still see the sequel.


How Marvel works is immaterial. If YOU yourself don't like the film, don't go watch it. It's that simple.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ed would it make you feel better if we just never discussed anything? Not for nothing this place is designed to DISCUSS things. If YOU don't like it don't read and comment.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I just don't understand why you're dissing something simply because YOU personally don't like it.
It's your opinion, and that's fine, except you present it as if it were objective fact, which it's not.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
"I think it is just going to fall into to many action scenes with a lame premise to use as an excuse for violence. We will see."

Hmmm. Seems like an opinion. Doesn't seem to be presented as fact. And even admits at the end that he could be wrong.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On May 10, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On May 9, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:
That's not how Marvel works. They could release anything and most people would watch it. They would be mad about it, and slam it, but would still see the sequel.


How Marvel works is immaterial. If YOU yourself don't like the film, don't go watch it. It's that simple.

I was not saying anything about whether or not I like Marvel movies. I was talking about how the marvel movies have become a fandom, and therefore much more goes than if they were not. However, to address your comment, how will I know if I like the movie If I don't watch it? It was a ridiculous statement.
Reality is a real killjoy.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 10, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
I just don't understand why you're dissing something simply because YOU personally don't like it.
It's your opinion, and that's fine, except you present it as if it were objective fact, which it's not.

And get the glasses fixed. That was Zach not me. But by all means continue your pointless rant against the 15 year old kid. I am sure he id something to deserve it.

Do you want us to point out all the opinion you put forth as objective fact?

Like I said it is a discussion board. If you don't like the discussion don't participate. But don't tell others how to either.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think these films of the superheroes are cool works of fiction, full of propaganda for the children but still.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Age of Ultron (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL