The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Feed back (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Profile of Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
Hello,

I have recently launched a new site which offers web pages for magicians at a VERY resonable price. I want to make sure that the site is understandable and easy to navigate. If you could check it out and give me feedback, I would really appreciate it. I won't get insulted, so please be honest.

http://www.MyWorkPage.com

Thanks again
MindExplosion
View Profile
Regular user
Hermiston, Oregon
128 Posts

Profile of MindExplosion
I'm glad that the initial design is free. I don't like the site, and I don't think you should be trying to market your skills. I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm only being honest.

Your site and your example site look very, very basic -- not simple, but basic; as if they were made by beginners. The different components (the flash animations, color scheme, buttons, and the overall fell) don't fit. It's as if you took a short online course, made a site and then stuck some snazzy buttons on there for fun. It doesn't give off a professional vibe.

Note: I'm not a professional web designer, but I do have some skill and have designed a number of small sites.
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
Sorry but it's pretty bad : |.. You don't seem to have grasped the concept of webdesign.

Euan
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Thank you for the feedback. I am not trying to "market my skills", and the site looks basic because it is basic. That is the idea of it. We provide simple web pages for a very low price.

I agree with you about the color thing. I was experimenting to try to find the best contrast and I haven't decided what the theme will be yet.

My question wasn't "is this a great site", I know it isn't. My question was, "is it understandable and easy to navigate".

Thanks for the honesty and please keep the feedback coming. I will change the colors soon though.
MindExplosion
View Profile
Regular user
Hermiston, Oregon
128 Posts

Profile of MindExplosion
It's understandable and easy to navigate, sure. But you are trying to market your skills, or you wouldn't be offering to produce websites for magicians.

And your site is not simple -- it's basic and amateurish. There is a huge difference.

But you're not asking if it's a great site or not. Otherwise I would have gone into more detail.
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

If I was trying to market my skills, I would be showing off my web design site http://www.webzonedesign.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Feed back (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL