The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you ever binge watch anything? (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Re-read my post, Bill. If it was a snake, it would have bit you. (In terms of binge watching not being a good quality)
~michael baker
The Magic Company
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5486 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2015, Theodore Lawton wrote:
Nice. I've got some new suggestions to try out.

This works out well with my surgery Friday!

Unless RNK can bring his kids over and I can watch them run around. Smile

Absolutely! You can watch them anytime!!!! Smile
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of drmagico
House of Cards
Sons of Anarchy (all the ones available at the time)
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Doctor Who
Sherlock
Agents of Shield
Heroes
Daredevil
In the middle of Classic Doctor Who.

I have a problem.
Reality is a real killjoy.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Oh, I forgot Firefly.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Just out of curiosity, what definition of binge watching are we going by?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
On one view, binge watching is part of your sense of self. It may be genetic, or it might be learned. A competing view is that binge watching is purely descriptive of behavior.

For many of us, the distinction is morally irrelevant, and we believe that adult viewers with possession of the faculties should make the decision to binge or not for themselves, with neither legal restrictions nor public censure.

There are, however, some progressive groups that carry this to extremes, providing something of a "rock wall" around the discussion and confusing the issue.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Haha, I see what you did there!

So let's confuse the issue some. How do you define an 'adult viewer'? Legally, morally, culturally, or in some other manner?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6956 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Binge watching is 6 to 12 hours of uninterrupted viewing. Not unusual for me.

Doug
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Nova & Antique Roadshow lately.
Did a few seasons catch up on Breaking Bad a few years back.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Antiques Roadshow- the crack of PBS! I love that show.

I'm binging on Arrow now. It's pretty good. Has enough to keep me watching. Kind of a strange story with him on that island.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Oh, I also left Arrow out of my list. It was a great show.
Lewis Marks
View Profile

Maintaining a perfect score of
0 Posts

Profile of Lewis Marks
Bones and Blue Bloods. Grandson was here last weekend and brought what seemed to be the entire set of Big Bang Theory. I'll only admit to spending ONE night with him watching that and overeating pizza.

I saw the "Hubble" episode of NOVA last week. Possibly the best thing I've seen on TV in years.
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
When one of the previous posters mentioned Antiques Roadshow, I was wondering whether or not that's the series which showed an antique Human-Skin Lantern? A segment showed an auction where they were auctioning off that Human-Skin Lantern. I've heard of books that are bound in human-skin-- and, in fact, a few of such books can be seen at Harvard University and other museums. But, in comparison, a Human-Skin Lantern must be very rare, most likely in the possession of private-collectors only.
I'm not sure whether it was the one shown on Antiques Roadshow. It could have been another show. If somebody else saw that Human-Skin Lantern, they can elaborate.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I travel more than the average bear (meaning I spend roughly 150-180 days a year in hotel rooms). While I try to get out and see there areas I am visiting, often I am stuck at the cloverleaf or airport hotels with no vehicle. As a result, watching TV programs is one option for my evenings.

"Binging" to me does not mean watching for 5 hours straight, but rather several episodes per week as opposed to watching other shows. To me, it's like wanting to see the end of a movie without waiting 5 years.

Following that definition, I have binged on Breaking Bad and Dexter. I recently finished Sons of Anarchy. I did not particularly like Sons, but once I got 3 seasons in (hoping it would get better because people said it would), I binged big time just to get through it. Lesson learned; I quite House of Cards after the second episode!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Too bad you quit. House of Cards turned out to be one of the best ahows on the air.
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
88 Posts

Profile of Jan Schattling
As a Netflix and Amazon Fire customer I do nothing else than binge watch. Smile
The worst are series I missed that still run because I will come to the point where I will have to wait till ne next episode comes out.
If you like victorian horror I totally recommend the "Penny Dreadful" series. And if you like it dark "A Young Doctor's Notebook" is also great.
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Lee Jun-fan
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On May 9, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Too bad you quit. House of Cards turned out to be one of the best ahows on the air.

Nothing's stopping me from giving it another go, but it did lose my interest.

As for Penny Dreadful, I saw an episode on a plane and it looked promising, Maybe that's next for me.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1372 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Spongebob Squarepants, Antiques Roadshow (shouting at the TV), and I miss Longmire very much! Lynn
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
I got fed up with Arrow and quit watching it. I am currently addicted to Agents of Shield.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you ever binge watch anything? (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL