The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you ever binge watch anything? (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
What didn't you like about Arrow?
Reality is a real killjoy.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
All the people that kept coming back from the dead, never having been dead at all, as super assassins.

That, and Mr Broody Face. lol

I could no longer suspend disbelief. It was too much. Smile

I almost kept watching for Felicity's sake; after all, she does have a huge crush on me. Smile
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Thanks to my knee surgery I've finished the 1st season of Agents of Shield and have to wait for season 2 to come to netflix.

I never did watch Heroes so that's where I am now.

Save the cheerleader. Save the world.

And btw- Agents of Shield is awesome!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1217 Posts

Profile of imgic
On the down side of binge watching and Netflix releasing an entire "season" of shows at once, it's sometimes tough to talk to others about the show.

It use to be, we'd talk at work about the episode of Seinfeld that aired the night before.

Now, try talking about House of Cards and some have seen all of it, others just started, and some are waiting...nobody's on the same page anymore
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Broadchurch! A great series!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I have taken to watching British mystery/detective shows lately. In general, I find them to have superior production compared to the majority of American TV.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
^ I completely agree!

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On May 14, 2015, Starrpower wrote:
I have taken to watching British mystery/detective shows lately. In general, I find them to have superior production compared to the majority of American TV.

Have you watched Sherlock? There aren't any episodes, but it is one of the best shows I've watched.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Can anyone tell me if it's worth it to continue with Game of Thrones?

I've watched the first two episodes and I can't seem to get into it.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Yes, Sherlock is great! I am a fan of the original stories, and I think they did an admirable job of updating the characters.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Netflix just released another collection of Counting Cars and American Restorations. I love both of these shows and watched all of them in about a week.

I've started watching an interesting series called Nazi Hunters about the Mossad hunting down, executing or bringing in Nazi war criminals.

It'e pretty interesting seeing how they did it.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1223 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I binge watched Dexter, House of Cards, and Sons of Anarchy. I enjoyed all of them. "Son's" started to get old as each season got less and less believable after the first few.

I just started Turn, the show about the revolutionary war spy.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6956 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I just ordered the 10-season DVD set of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen! $50 on eBay! Talk about BINGE watching! This'll be great! Smile

Doug
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Smile See you in six months!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Binge watching Bosch now...Amazon Prime original series starring Titus Welliver (Irish gangster leader from Sons of Anarchy) and based on the terrific police procedural a by Michael Connelly. Highly recommended L.A. crime drama. Atmospheric and realistic.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Was hooked on The Wire when the series was released on DVD
Bob
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6956 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Just downloaded MasterChef U.K. from YouTube. It's season 10, if you're interested. There is NO place like the U.K.! The accents, the culture, the cuisine. I had a chance to visit there back in the 70's when I lived in Germany. While on the train, I found that I had left my passport in my room. I was gutted. So, I spent the weekend in Cologne. I was by myself. The rest of the group went to the U.K. and had...-well, DUH!- a GREAT time!

Doug
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Yeah, the Brits do make some great programming. I've been watching a WWI series- it's only 3 shows by the BBC called Our World War. It's pretty good and it's recreated from letters and interviews of the combatants.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
My wife and Ijust binge watched the first season of Netflix's Bloodline; it's sure to come back next year. Highly recommend for binging because you can't just watch one!

ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
This may be straying from the topic a bit, but did anyone else watch Forever? It is probably going to be canceled, and it was a great show. It'd be cool if Netflix would buy it, and continue the series.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you ever binge watch anything? (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL