The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cartomancy by Luke Jermay. (58 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
189 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
1) Yes
2) Theoretically yes, practically no
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, Mister E. wrote:
1) Yes

1. sort of
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
189 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, Mister E. wrote:
1) Yes

1. sort of

Right. To the audience it will seem like any pack of playing cards, though...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2016, ALEXANDRE wrote:
Michael Weber is a lawyer, and it says "this copyright is the intellectual property of Michael Weber and is used here with his express permission". Michael knows what he's talking about.

If Luke does plan on keeping people from making money with this, he may want to reconsider this on his website ...

"More than just a 'trick' Cartomancy is a full income generating professional show in three acts; complete with the exact word for word script Jermay uses night after night to astonish audiences worldwide."

Then again, when he wrote ... "a full income generating professional show in three acts" he could've just meant for himself.

I don't like this kind of advertising followed by this kind of legal disclaimer.

Yea, because you can only make so much off of repeated shows to friends and family!
RobertB
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
4 Posts

Profile of RobertB
Hi all. I'm new to the forum, but this thread looked like the right place to post rather than creating a new thread. I love this book -- I've read it a couple of times actually and each time I read it, I feel like I learn something new. On the whole, every single action has a justification and very little (if any of it) seems suspicious. Without saying too much I do have some questions around best practices when performing the second stage of the act. My questions require discussing some of the methods in-detail, so would someone who has experience with Cartomancy be willing to PM me?
Shadow Art
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Shadow Art
If I buy Cartomancy now, I also get a Tarot package?
RobertB
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
4 Posts

Profile of RobertB
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2018, Shadow Art wrote:
If I buy Cartomancy now, I also get a Tarot package?

To the best of my knowledge, that's not the case, but I think the material in the book alone is good enough to merit purchasing. That's my opinion though. I would be really interested in talking shop with someone else who also owns it or has performed it.
Shadow Art
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Shadow Art
I understand, but I want to perform it with Tarot deck not playing cards.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:

IMO, the main part of this act will not work with tarot cards. Voodini has something that may work for you though.
RobertB
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
4 Posts

Profile of RobertB
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:

IMO, the main part of this act will not work with tarot cards. Voodini has something that may work for you though.

Without divulging too much about the main piece in the book, I don't see why it wouldn't work with Tarot cards. At any rate, I'm more interested in discussing that part WITH playing cards. The book doesn't give any outs. Does anyone have any experience performing it in the way that Jermay discusses?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2018, RobertB wrote:
Without divulging too much about the main piece in the book, I don't see why it wouldn't work with Tarot cards. At any rate, I'm more interested in discussing that part WITH playing cards. The book doesn't give any outs. Does anyone have any experience performing it in the way that Jermay discusses?

can your audience members visualize tarot cards? maybe one or two. so that part of the act (which may be the most important) won't work. at least I can't think how. (you can pm instead if you'd like) that's why I thought Voodini's, which is meant for tarot cards, may work better for this person. (and easier on the pocketbook Smile)

s
RobertB
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
4 Posts

Profile of RobertB
Quote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2018, RobertB wrote:

can your audience members visualize tarot cards? maybe one or two. so that part of the act (which may be the most important) won't work. at least I can't think how. (you can pm instead if you'd like) that's why I thought Voodini's, which is meant for tarot cards, may work better for this person. (and easier on the pocketbook Smile)

s

Have you read the book? During this phase, the cards (one for each volunteer) remain on the table, face up. Visualization is not necessary. It doesn't matter if they're Tarot or not.
Shadow Art
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Shadow Art
Quote:
Quote:

And what about Tarot extension kit?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
This sounds like an extension of Luke's Leading Reading book and vid. As well as Making Mind Reading look real.
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
189 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
In my humble opinion, there is hardly any connection between Luke's "Leading Reading" and "Cartomancy" - apart from the fact, that both utilize playing cards and that readings are central to the performance.
Socrates
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Socrates
Has anyone used this act? And if so how has it been received?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cartomancy by Luke Jermay. (58 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL