We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Most ridiculous "assistant" (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
I posted this in The Crypt, but thought I would share it here too.

This past weekend I was performing at a bar, which is about my least favorite place to perform, but it was a private party and I was paid to do the show, so you know, I marched forward and did the show, though it was less than ideal.

A girl who was already drunk was quite loud and wanted to be on stage, and so I brought her up. This was a costume party so she was there in a tutu, a snorkel and flippers. She could barley walk in those things. As she came on stage, she brought her beer with her.

I was performing Freaks and all of the envelopes were handed out. The flap was face down on her envelope. As she went to open the envelope, she turned the beer upside down, spilling it all over the stage and herself. It was pretty funny. She kept apologizing, for "ruining" my stage. She added some needed humor into the show. She is just one of many tales I could tell, most of which involve bar or street performances.

So, who is your most ridiculous assistant that you have called up to help? Share your story.
Mormo Zine
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Mormo Zine
I asked an assistant to read a word during a book test but they didn't have their glasses.
Ours the magic, Ours the power!

See Mormo's Guide To Psychic Self Defense by clicking here.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
First time street performing in Washington D.C. I was drawing almost nobody.
I was a silent performer.
An elderly homeless lady alone started watching my mime, magic and juggling.
I began naturally to perform only for her, all the tricks in her hands, all the attention was upon her and pleasing only her as the crowds rushed pass.
At the end I bowed to only her and she softly told me she had nothing to put in my hat...but that she could do "something..."

She suddenly started screaming over and over "LOOK AT HIM! STOP AND LOOK AND HIM!"
She is yelling at the people passing by and they DID stop, an actual crowd gathered and I began to perform again for them.

I wished to split the now healthy hat with her but she had vanished like a good storybook character. She has always remained my street performing goddess and I rarely pass a street performer without tossing something in their hat.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4183 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I rarely pass a street performer without tossing something in their hat,same here Eddie, I use to busk with my accoustic guitar and sing many years ago and I know how difficult it can be at times,if they are making the effort then I will chuck in some change.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3327 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I once had an assistant from the audience give me a twenty dollar bill. I tore it up, and set it on fire, but forgot the load so I couldn't make it come back. They got upset. Now tell me, who would give a magician money for a trick and really expect to get it back? Stupid, just plain stupid. Reminds me of people who want their money back for the funeral when they find out their loved one was just in a coma and not really dead. Stupid, just plain stupid.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4183 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On May 11, 2015, weepinwil wrote:
I once had an assistant from the audience give me a twenty dollar bill. I tore it up, and set it on fire, but forgot the load so I couldn't make it come back. They got upset. Now tell me, who would give a magician money for a trick and really expect to get it back? Stupid, just plain stupid. Reminds me of people who want their money back for the funeral when they find out their loved one was just in a coma and not really dead. Stupid, just plain stupid.

LOL , reading this has made me chuckle so much I nearly spat my tea out from my cup,lol.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3327 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
[/quote]
LOL , reading this has made me chuckle so much I nearly spat my tea out from my cup,lol. [/quote]

Sorry,my mistake. If I had known this thread was to be funny I would not have posted a serious post. Please forgive me.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
I produced a cornsnake and my assistant screamed, ran, jumped offstage, crashed into a column (wasn't hurt much) then he ran out the back door of the auditorium screaming. I have that effect on some men.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Once, I was handcuffed to a city mayor. I was going to get out, leaving him cuffed. But the locks jammed. It was a bit of a bother, but probably the only time anybody could ever hold him in one spot.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4183 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I did once perform Boris the spider on a chap, I asked the spectator are you afraid of Spiders?, NO he said I then went on to perform it for him,when it got to the spider dropping on his hands he let out a big yell and squirmed down the side of the wall,i thought he was going to have a heart attack ,we laughed after,but boy did it spook us out,lol.
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
These are great. I love hearing stories like this.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3490 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
At the Magic Parlor last year, at the start of the show, I spotted a very elderly lady I knew was perfect for the Losander Table finale.

After I asked her up for this final piece, I noticed four empty campaign glasses on her table. She was all of 90 pounds, and that's a lot of booze to put into her tiny old body. It was too late, I was committed.

Sure enough she could barely stand. As she stepped on stage she reached to lean and put all her weight on the Losander. I died, my heart stopped (mine is a custom one $$$.)

You've never seen anyone grasp an arm as fast as I did hers. I held tight. Although she wobbled precariously we got through it, she actually wept a little seeing herself make the table rise (of course a lot of drunks sniffle easily.)

I think I lost a year or two off my life that performance. I now count drink glasses during every show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Most ridiculous "assistant" (9 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL