We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » N-strippers (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13 [Next]
Thomas Gilroy
View Profile
New user
Ireland
70 Posts

Profile of Thomas Gilroy
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2017, LanceCaffrey wrote:
It really depends on which decks you bought.. Or even which supermarket you bought them from.
Never had significant issues with most of the 姚记 decks, although some of them were bad for everything, not just N's. The cards would split if you tried to faro them.

Hello Lance. I think the cards were "BCG" brand, though I'm not certain. They were an obviously a knock-off of Bee cards. Borderless diamond pattern on the backs, available in red or blue. Plastic coated paper. I believe that the ace of spades also had bees and a hive on it.

I seem to recall the deck also contained a card describing "the joy of poker" and another card (or possibly the opposite side of the same card) which mentioned that if you assigned the numerical value (1-13) to each card and let the "big wizard" and "little wizard" (the jokers, I assume) be on half, the sum was 365. It then mentioned that this showed that cards were to be enjoyed all year round.

Whatever they were, they were of poor quality. I've since been able to find a supermarket which stocks the USPCC cards made for the Chinese market, the ones with the gold border on the box. I've not bought the knock-off cards again.
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of luvisi
In case anyone's interested, I just ran across a description of both how to make an n-stripper and how to pull it in a video from 2004. It's in Richard Turner's Double-Signed Card Routine. He calls it the "Turner Key Card."

Andru
Ferret231
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Ferret231
Does anyone know of anybody who has produced a rig to make uniform/consistent N Strippers?
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3501 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
This is multipurpose, but it can be used to make concave strippers

https://www.theperfectshuffle.com/Stripper-Jig/
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
TH10111
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of TH10111
If you're looking for something a bit more DIY, this is a good place to start:
https://www.jamesriser.com/Magic/CardTri......ser.html

I have also had a play with some cheaper methods of construction:
https://th10111.wordpress.com/2017/01/08......ruction/
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1704 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2018, Ferret231 wrote:
Does anyone know of anybody who has produced a rig to make uniform/consistent N Strippers?

Several people have done so, but you typically only find them for sale on the secondary market.

Jason

PS: Try Todd Lassen. He might have his pocket-sized trimmer in stock.
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Gamblingman007
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Gamblingman007
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2018, Ferret231 wrote:

I’m sorry to say this but from your words alone I understand that you really don’t know what you’re talking about. First off the rig or jig whatever you want to call it technically is garbage and you’re wasting your money purchasing it. If you’re a magician it’s okay for you to experiment with but if you want to make cards to gamble with, you are totally wasting your money. You can make better looking cards without it. What Jason said about N-Strippers is okay but there is a lot more to it...I mean gambling wise that is. If you want to purchase a pocket trimmer I have one for sale and a card trimmer but they are not cheap.
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Todd Lassen is currently making 45 more pocket trimmers, around $400.00+ when purchased directly from Todd.

Tell Lassen you want one in the comments section of this post on his blog:
https://coolotis.wordpress.com/2018/09/2......edition/

Lassen may or may not make more - everything he makes is in high demand ... so if you don't want to spend big $$$$ on the secondary market down the road, pick up one from this latest batch.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
RichardIngram
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of RichardIngram
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2018, TH10111 wrote:
I have also had a play with some cheaper methods of construction:
https://th10111.wordpress.com/2017/01/08......ruction/

I ordered these a couple months ago based on your recommendation, they took a while to ship across the ocean - but I finally have them in hand to play with. Good recommendation on gaining some consistency. I also recommend Jason's Sub Rosa - no guide really just knock it out so they are consistent with each other.
Eoin OHare
View Profile
New user
Ireland
75 Posts

Profile of Eoin OHare
I will be releasing a new type of N-Stripper Jig in November. If you want to see a few photos of it, check out my instagram. the_perfect_shuffle
Designer & Maker of The Stripper Jig Card Trimmer & Pinpoint Pegger
https://theperfectshuffle.com/
TH10111
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of TH10111
RichardIngram, I'm glad you are getting on well with the templates!

I think this is the instagram post Eoin is referring to: https://www.instagram.com/p/BoF6gAslMp4/?hl=en
Eoin OHare
View Profile
New user
Ireland
75 Posts

Profile of Eoin OHare
This is a link to images of the finished N-Stripper Jig.
https://instagram.com/p/BpvIqPKBnS0/
elainevblaine
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of elainevblaine
Usually an N stripper fixture makes a small divot in one of about 5 places, on both sides or ends of a card. And to allow that card to be reversed in the deck, the divots that are not dead center have to be in 4 places rather than 2 on each card. Eoin says this fixture can be adjusted from 45 to 90 degrees. Huh? So I really have no clue how this fixture puts divots in cards, unless it's not finished in the pictures and it's just a template, like his other fixtures, where you have to use a razor blade to shave the cards. I guess that still doesn't explain the 45 to 90 degrees, rather than a radius. I honestly have no idea. They are calling this genius.

The Lassen one instantly puts perfectly smooth tiny divots in the card, and allows you to repeat those locations with ease, as fast as you can lay the card in there. And no shaving with a razor or sanding. I think that might be a no brainer for N stripper enthusiasts. It states on his blog that 45 of these are nearing completion, it's his last run of these, and the projected price is $600.

The Lassen grifter tool has a negative template for pinch situations, but where he has taken the card punch, no one has gone there. The depth is set very accurately with ease, the locations can also be repeated with ease, almost anywhere on the card, and it's a tiny device that fits in your pocket. While I admit Eoin's products look very space age, they are not near as practical, or advanced, or thought out, in my opinion.
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Eoin, would you be willing to explain the mechanics behind your N-stripper tool?

I'm presuming the removal of material is accomplished either through sanding or with a razor blade? ... but I can't visualize how that task is actually accomplished.
Thanks.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1201 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Eoin, I second the video demo request of your latest N-Stripper device.

I have purchased your Stripper Jig and I purchased Lassen pocket N-Stripper, so I would like to know the advantages of the current item.
Gamblingman007
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Lassen’s pocket N-Stripper is way better than the jig even though the pocket trimmer can be made better with a few tweaks here and there but he doesn’t know how to tweak it in order to improve it. That’s why newer models is coming out but still no improvement.
Gamblingman007
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 30, 2015, Cagliostro wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2015, necro555 wrote:

...So Doc isn't a cheat, right?

...It's a genuine question. I'm referring to the person who posted under the name Unknown419. If that's DOC, then that's who I'm referring to.

Of course Unknown419, also known as "DOC," was a professional cheat. Only a professional cheat would have his picture and real name on his Facebook page, informing the world he is a cheat.

What more evidence would anyone want?

I’ve been on here for a very long time, isn’t it true that he challenged you to a who’s the best contest and you haven’t until this day posted any videos of your skills? Please elaborate since he can no longer speak at this forum.

Gamblingman
Gamblingman007
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 14, 2018, Gamblingman007 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2015, Cagliostro wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2015, necro555 wrote:

...So Doc isn't a cheat, right?

...It's a genuine question. I'm referring to the person who posted under the name Unknown419. If that's DOC, then that's who I'm referring to.

Of course Unknown419, also known as "DOC," was a professional cheat. Only a professional cheat would have his picture and real name on his Facebook page, informing the world he is a cheat.

What more evidence would anyone want?

I’ve been on here for a very long time, isn’t it true that he challenged you to a who’s the best contest and you haven’t until this day posted any videos of your skills? Please elaborate since he can no longer speak at this forum.

Gamblingman

I made an error posting this post believing that it was a recent statement, I very much apologize for my ignorance

TheGamblingman007
Eoin OHare
View Profile
New user
Ireland
75 Posts

Profile of Eoin OHare
My N-Stripper Jig is now on my site.
https://www.theperfectshuffle.com/N-Stripper-Jig/
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2477 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Your new jig Looks good !

However, I still use the original Dr. X jig. The original till gives me a great deal of control.
I believe the Dr. X jigs are now collectors items and hard to find.
Long Island,

New York
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » N-strippers (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL