The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Jim Steinmeyer's Conjuring in Genii 2013 and On (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Illusion77
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had a list of the effects that Jim Steinmeyer published in his most recent Conjuring column for Genii magazine, from September 2013 on.

Thank you!
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
255 Posts

Profile of murf
Some of the titles aren't terribly descriptive, but here's a list:

OCT 13 La Forza Del Destino (card in bottle)
DEC 13 The preternatural Stack
FEB 14 Mystery In Abstract
APR 14 “Elementary!”
OCT 14 The Petite Illusion
DEC 14 A Hole In Your Head
FEB 15 Gobbledygook (Cue Cards++)
APR 15 The Apport

Murf
Illusion77
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Thank you Murf, I appreciate it! Do you by chance have a description of the "Hole In Your Head" and "Gobbledygook" effects? Thanks again!
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
255 Posts

Profile of murf
A Hole In Your Head starts witht he old gag of holding a paper tube up next to your hand and apaprently seeing a hole in your hand, and then goes on, as I recall, to vanish a ribbon by putting into the hole in your hand, and then amke it appear again. I don't remember how the tile fits in with the hole in your "hand".

Gobbedygook in a more substantial and mysterious version of his Cue Card Mentalism, publish both in Genni and in Ensuing Impuzzililites.

Murf
Illusion77
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Thank you again Murf, this is very helpful! Much appreciated.
Arthurit
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Arthurit
Quote:
On May 10, 2015, Illusion77 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had a list of the effects that Jim Steinmeyer published in his most recent Conjuring column for Genii magazine, from September 2013 on.

Thank you!

I may be late on this thread, but I thought it might be useful to know that there is an online index of all the Kaufman-era Genii issues (1999 till now). If you want to get Jim's contributions, go to http://genii.somee.com/ and type "column" in the section field and "steinmeyer" in the person field. It will output all of Jim's columns over the years. However, if you want to narrow it down to his "Conjuring" series (which constitute his latests contributions to the magazine) then simply type "conjuring:" in the content field and again "steinmeyer" in the person field.

Hope this helps!
Illusion77
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Thank you very much Arthurit! This is very helpful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Jim Steinmeyer's Conjuring in Genii 2013 and On (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL