The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Jokey tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thinkofacard
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of thinkofacard
Does anyone do tricks with money that are purely jokes but not magic? For entertainments sake, little fillers etc.

I've seen Michael Finney do a couple and also some other magicians. It's all good fun!

Cheers!

Mark
:bg:

BTW, here's a good joke to play on your mates with a fiver.

On the side with Stephenson look carefully and you can see a man on a horse, show the specs & call him 'The Cowboy'. Hand them the note and tell them to examine it on both sides and find the 'Indian'. Let them look a while (or forever, depending on how cruel you are!) and then reveal it...
On the Queen side in small writing is written 'Chief Cashier'!

You may have to run at that point!!! Smile
If you can't stand the blood, get out of the slaughterhouse!
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
For just about anything that you are hiding in your hand and need to ditch, I use an Irish 50P piece, rather than the dreaded "woofle dust" (from dusty woofles?).
I refer to it as the thing that makes the magic work (I take it out of my pocket after ditching whatever, and touch it to the other hand or the thing that is to change.
I point out that it is magical because, being Irish, it is a "leprecoin".
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Wallace
View Profile
Loyal user
Bangor, Northern Ireland
208 Posts

Profile of Wallace
Peter you should try and get hold of an Irish one pound/punt coin as there is a very impressive 'mystical' looking Stag on one side and an Irish Harp on the other! Smile Smile
Wallace B
J_C
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
59 Posts

Profile of J_C
Sankey has a nice coin vanish called 'Optical Vanish'. It's not magical but should get a smile at least. It's shown on his video 'Non Stop Magic Party'.
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
405 Posts

Profile of Jay
I know that this is part of a few real coin routines, including Ammar's Incredible Coins Across, but I like to 'load' a coin onto the top of my head and hold spectator's hands in mine and pray for a sign, or pray for wealth, etc. Then tip the head forward and the coin plops into their hands "from nowhere!"

Jay Smile
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
After I vanish a coin, someone might actually ask "Where did it go?"

I'll point to a cup or plate on the table and say "Look under that." They pick it up and there's nothing there.

I say, "that would have been cool, though, huh."

Gets a great laugh.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Geoff's gag is great. If you life the plate yourself, you can actually load the coin as you set it down. You get the same laugh, and then reveal that it really is under the plate.

One old gag with a ten dollar bill is to ask someone if they can find the hitchhiker. After they can't, you say, he's right there, on the street in front of the Treasure building... oh... he must have gotten a ride!

Don't make them search too long unless you're masochistic.
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
How about a Hydrostatic Bill. Simply borrow any bill (or use your own). Roll it around your thumb to form a cylinder. Use a paper clip to hold the bill in rolled condition. Place a matchbook (of one of your business cards) so that it covers the bottom of the cylinder. Then pour a bit of liquid into the top and remove the matchbook. The liquid apparently remains inside the bill. Replace the matchbook and pour the liquid back into the container from which it came. Remove the clip and unroll the bill. The matchbook and bill are dry and everything can be examined (except your thumb).

Consider this idea as just a tip.

LongTackSham
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Jokey tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL