We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tribute to Enoch (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
587 Posts

Profile of TH1
All I added was the video of the props and photos (filmed with my iPhone), and the content for the text. The iMovie iPhone app provided the overall template theme, music, and font. All was "edited" on the iPhone. ---> The Seance
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
TH1
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of TH1
Apologies...did a quick edit. Here's the new link (original link has been disabled): The Seance
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3327 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Great video. Loved the suspense it builds upon. I also likes the asylum video. Great job.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Wow, what a great video......

I love the suspense.

Ray
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
893 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Like button doesn't have a big enough thumb. I'll take two tix to opening night please!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Bravo...enjoyed it!
horus1
View Profile
Special user
639 Posts

Profile of horus1
Awesome!! - Loved this. Very fun.
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Special user
St. George, Utah
504 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
Switching to learning mode.......

How do you use this to put bumms in the seats? What follow up do you do?

Is there a program like iMovie for regular PC's to make this kind of trailer? Where is is posted, YouTube with a link via email to clients or perhaps FaceBook?
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
TH1
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of TH1
Quote:
On May 11, 2015, Peter McMillan wrote:
Switching to learning mode.......

How do you use this to put bumms in the seats? What follow up do you do?

Is there a program like iMovie for regular PC's to make this kind of trailer? Where is is posted, YouTube with a link via email to clients or perhaps FaceBook?

Does it get "bumms in the seats?" Unfortunately, I don't have any data to indicate one way or the other. I made my first "promo trailer" for my asylum show on a whim, experimenting with the app. I embed the promo videos on my website (TheHauntedOne.com and on other organization's sites where a performance has been promoted (e.g., Lebanon Theatre Company; and it appeared on LTC's home page in Oct. last year). But really don't know whether they improve the marketing.

I post/store the videos on Vimeo, as it is tends to be more professional looking than YouTube. One can very easily send links or post links from Vimeo, or embed the Vimeo video in a website, as you can do with YouTube.

I defected from the PC world several years ago, so don't know whether there is a similar nearly-idiot-proof app for PC's or Android phones. As a (very, very, very minor) stockholder in Apple, I strongly encourage you to drop your PC-leanings and join the Mac world. Smile
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Special user
St. George, Utah
504 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
Good info, thank you.

I was in love with Apple 2E and 2C back when and could not afford to go Mac, but am giving it a second serious look.

Good to know about Vimeo vs YT.

If applied right I think this is a real marketing tool on the order of movie trailers. Time for me to get work developing mine.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tribute to Enoch (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL