The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Psychokinetic Silverware (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Necromance
View Profile
New user
Pattingham, UK
53 Posts

Profile of Necromance
I recently got this on video and I must say it is frankly very good. Okay, Gerry is a bit annoying but Banachek is patient and guides us through bit by bit. As well as being easy to follow, the material is excellent. It is a geat little side-show that one can do and it has generated a huge response from any audience.
What does everyone else feel about this and/or can you recommend bigger and better things for me?
Also, how do you think I should present this and where?
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic-Arthur C. Clarke
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced-probably NOT Arthur C. Clarke
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I thought this was pretty dull. I get more mileage out of david Williamson's version ( see DAVE 2 video ).
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
Everyone says Gerry is annoying... Honestly I thought he made an otherwise drab video somewhat entertaining.
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
Necromance
View Profile
New user
Pattingham, UK
53 Posts

Profile of Necromance
I think Gerry is supposed to be annoying-he is just taking the mick out of difficult "knowledgeable" spectators. If Gerry complied all the time, Banachek wouldn't have a lot to instruct us on how to deal with troublesome audiences
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic-Arthur C. Clarke
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced-probably NOT Arthur C. Clarke
Avrakdavra
View Profile
Loyal user
The Pine Tree State, USA
224 Posts

Profile of Avrakdavra
That may be so, but I was still expecting Banachek to take a fork to him at any moment (and my sympathy would still have been with Banachek).

Still, a terrific teaching tool, particularly for an effect like PK bending that depends almost exclusively on presentation and misdirection-- highly recommended.
Kenn Capman
View Profile
Regular user
Southwestern Michigan
196 Posts

Profile of Kenn Capman
I agree. I'm surprised that the video didn't end with a fork sticking out of Gerry's chest.

But Gerry was effective at being difficult. I think that Banachek used Gerry as an effective 'visual aid' to illustrate how to get the most out of the material presented.

I must admit though, I didn't know what to think of it the first time I viewed the tape.
"The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents."
- Salvador Dali -
Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
993 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
You might compare Psychokinetic Silverware with the fourth tape in his new Psi Series ("Psychokenisis") DVD set where he teaches additional silverware bends. I think there is a difference in the way the interviews are handled. Smile
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2004-09-01 13:33, Kenn Capman wrote:
I'm surprised that the video didn't end with a fork sticking out of Gerry's chest.

Now that's funny! lol.
I agree with Scott. I have both. In the new DVD Scott is a class act and asks Banachek appropriate questions and doesn't come off like a jerk or looks for the spotlight! A must buy. Hell, anything Banachek releases is a must buy.
Kenn Capman
View Profile
Regular user
Southwestern Michigan
196 Posts

Profile of Kenn Capman
I'm going to have to check out the 'Psi Series' DVDs now.

You guys are making me spend more money! (Argh!)

That's OK though. They are actually 'investments' if you learn from them. (still not sure I want to try and sell that idea to the IRS though)
"The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents."
- Salvador Dali -
owenscott
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of owenscott
Gerry and Scott are two very different people. Scott (Wells) being banacheks business partner and Gerry( McCambridge ?? SP?)being the recently TV famous "the mentalist" !!
Angela
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
190 Posts

Profile of Angela
Quote:
On 2004-09-02 06:35, in flames wrote:
Hell, anything Banachek releases is a must buy.

Agreed! Banachek is the one to trust.
gentleman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of gentleman
I agree also banachek is the one to trust
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Psychokinetic Silverware (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL