The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Danny Weiser - Alliance (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
I don't know much about it, but this looks interesting coming from Danny Weiser.

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=55452

As an opener? probably not so much, I would love to know the capabilities as a closer since it makes sense to me to end with the box re-appearing.
Cant wait to get a copy to see what its all about!
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1372 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Looks really nice. Would love to hear how practical this is and what sort of angle restrictions there are as this has been what has blighted similar releases in the past. I'd love an effect like this that is pretty much angle proof and that allows me to go straight in to whatever routine I want to do.

No herculian arts and craft project would be good too.
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
Looks very visual and versatile. I like it!

Kevin
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1019 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Definitely looks very cool!
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This is very good, nice and visual and easy to do.

The gimmick is ready made apart from a small bit you do yourself and as a special bonus you get a free copy of One by One by Chris Webb free with every order!

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/2841.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Finix Chan
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Finix Chan
The change is so cool and clean, *** sweet!!
MysticArtsProductions is your source for the simplest yet unique motion,desktop and media productions.
Participate yourself in our productions!!
http://www.mysticartsproductions.com
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Well, not much to see- video doesn't show get ready or clean-up, only one angle. Frustrating to watch because a majority of the clip is just testimonials(call me a cynic, but testimonials are worthless in my opinion).

Honest question- is this really what moves product these days? Who is the audience for this?
nukraze
View Profile
New user
NJ
72 Posts

Profile of nukraze
I agree with Chris, I'm not sure how this would work as an opener - doesn't make sense to me that you would have the cards go back to the box as an opening effect. One question that I can't seem to answer from the demo or description - can you cleanly remove the cards from the box after the change or do you have to cover anything at that point?

-Tom
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1372 Posts

Thanks for the info Mark. What are the angles like? can you go straight in to a card routine once you have done the change?

Cheers

P
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Nono not for opener ... I dislike the plot of taking cards out of card box at first , then making it go back to card box again ... But Alliance should really work well as a closer . I can imagine how cool it would be to just make the deck go inside the card box instantly and walk away ... Nice add on to what a real magician should do , that is making every step he go a magical one .

However I don't see a need to remove the cards back from the box after the visual change , since the effect has ended , just put the card box back into your pocket and wait for the applause . I mean , it's not that reasonable that one guy ended an effect , put the deck back into the deck box , and then taking it out again ~ Smile
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This could quite easily be an opener.

I would like to show you a card trick displaying and then change your mind and say no a coin trick or whatever and make the cards go back in the box and put them away or change your mind and take out the cards.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
532 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
Hey there! Danny Weiser here! Thank you all for your awesome questions regarding Alliance. To make it easier to understand I made a video explanation answering some of your questions. Hope this helps=)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RXUvSlTA2c
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Quote:
On May 13, 2015, Saturn UK wrote:
This could quite easily be an opener.

I would like to show you a card trick displaying and then change your mind and say no a coin trick or whatever and make the cards go back in the box and put them away or change your mind and take out the cards.

Nice ~ That will work too . However then I think for me , I prefer to go smooth with a routine and end naturally with cards going back to card box . But yeah there are definitely many creative thinkers out there who can adopt it into their routine as an opener .

- Albert Einstein
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1372 Posts

I use the tribute to verone gimmick with the words "real cards" written on the box. Assuming you can do it; I'd do intro and say "i'm going to show you a card trick. Now a lot of people think I use a trick deck. But I'm going to explain to how you tell" do trick and if possible; the box has real cards written accross it as you say "it says so on the box".
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I totally see this as an opener. Like the effect Ammar used to do. Show the deck and then say, "wait a minute, I just remembered I can't do this trick until I take the cards out of the box." Cards jump back into box. Take them out and do your first trick.

To me, fast, visual magic like this make the best openers as they catch peoples attention right away.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3885 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
You can remove 4 cards for a matrix effect or a few cards to do a packet trick and say that you need a few cards to do this effect,and that you do not need the rest of the deck and bam make the deck magically go back in the case and put it back in your pocket.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Could totally see myself using this with either ACE by Richard sanders for a quick trick, or Garrett Thomas's Stanup Monte...
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2498 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Sorry Cameron the Ammar effect is just too practical, inexpensive and gimmick free for today's crowd.
A little sarcasm
I don't know Danny but I appreciate his honest video addressing some of the question folks raised about the trick, and it does look cool
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Gotta check this out , seem to have lots of ways to get this going .

- Albert Einstein
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1372 Posts

Screw buying this; whats the Ammar effect, I don't recall seeing it Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Danny Weiser - Alliance (31 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL