The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Big EBOLA News... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Haven't looked at the clip, but IS Ebola still news? I mean it is kind of up there with "Hitler still dead" isn't it?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On May 13, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Haven't looked at the clip, but IS Ebola still news? I mean it is kind of up there with "Hitler still dead" isn't it?

Danny,

I suggest watching the clip. It's a short one.

Ron
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So now not only do you push your anti religious agenda, but you lie about it in thread titles.

Pretty sad. Very pathetic.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I don't see a lie in the title. The story is that Liberia is now Ebola-free. That's pretty good news, I think.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The final judgment that came up when I clicked it was an anti religious rant. If I made some mistake sorry.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28755033

I think it killed over 11,000 people. The biggest EBOLA outbreak in history.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

BTW the WHO announced the end of this outbreak in Liberia on May 9.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 13, 2015, Slim King wrote:

Hardly good news.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Well, I think it's good news that it's over!

Although, I'll admit, having to watch the insufferable Cenk Unger be the one to tell us made the good news seem not all that great.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Quote:
On May 13, 2015, Slim King wrote:

4769 in Liberia between March, 2014 and May, 2015.

It's a lot, especially when you consider that the population of Liberia is a little more than 4.2 million. That makes it slightly more than one in a thousand Liberians that died of the disease in a single year. Absolutely tragic.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On May 13, 2015, rockwall wrote:
Although, I'll admit, having to watch the insufferable Cenk Unger be the one to tell us made the good news seem not all that great.

I'll admit that having to listen to the right-wing not only blame Obama for the outbreak, but to predict an out-of-control pandemic in the United States made the news seem pretty great.

Ron
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Can we grow up enough to know that the two people you call "the right wing" do not represent everyone? And also the same with the other side?

I am so sick of people using the president to somehow represent ALL Democrats and others who find one extreme view and it represents the entire right wing.

I know it makes it easier to swallow the mistakes of your individual team but come on kiddies.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Danny- When we talk about the right wing we are referring to the extreme right. And they (the extremists) pretty much adhere to the exact same ideas -all straight from the Koch brothers playbook.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Well, what a surprise. If Bob isn't blaming the 'extreme' right wing, 'faux' news, it'll be the Koch brothers. Of course, you'll be hard pressed to find anywhere where the Koch brothers blamed the ebola outbreak on Obama or warned of an out-of-control pandemic. But, like Bob likes to say, why let facts get in the way.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Try to follow the discussion, rockwall. I was responding to Danny's comment, not to the OP.

But never miss an opportunity to distort and attack, right?

As to the Koch's agenda and why it is important and, to my mind dangerous, it is reasonable to assume that they will support candidates who share their political views. And since the ill-considered Citizens United decision, they are now able to quietly spend unlimited funds to buy the elections of those candidates.

"And what is their agenda?" I hear some folks asking.

Well, it's a matter of public record. In 1980 David Koch persuaded the Libertarian party to put him on their presidential ticket. They did, and he helped to craft their platform which, of course, represents his political views.

Here it is:

Quote:

Here are just a few excerpts of the Libertarian Party platform that David Koch ran on in 1980:

“We urge the repeal of federal campaign finance laws, and the immediate abolition of the despotic Federal Election Commission.”
“We favor the abolition of Medicare and Medicaid programs.”
“We oppose any compulsory insurance or tax-supported plan to provide health services, including those which finance abortion services.”
“We also favor the deregulation of the medical insurance industry.”
“We favor the repeal of the fraudulent, virtually bankrupt, and increasingly oppressive Social Security system. Pending that repeal, participation in Social Security should be made voluntary.”
“We propose the abolition of the governmental Postal Service. The present system, in addition to being inefficient, encourages governmental surveillance of private correspondence. Pending abolition, we call for an end to the monopoly system and for allowing free competition in all aspects of postal service.”
“We oppose all personal and corporate income taxation, including capital gains taxes.”
“We support the eventual repeal of all taxation.”
“As an interim measure, all criminal and civil sanctions against tax evasion should be terminated immediately.”
“We support repeal of all law which impede the ability of any person to find employment, such as minimum wage laws.”
“We advocate the complete separation of education and State. Government schools lead to the indoctrination of children and interfere with the free choice of individuals. Government ownership, operation, regulation, and subsidy of schools and colleges should be ended.”
“We condemn compulsory education laws … and we call for the immediate repeal of such laws.”
“We support the repeal of all taxes on the income or property of private schools, whether profit or non-profit.”
“We support the abolition of the Environmental Protection Agency.”
“We support abolition of the Department of Energy.”
“We call for the dissolution of all government agencies concerned with transportation, including the Department of Transportation.”
“We demand the return of America's railroad system to private ownership. We call for the privatization of the public roads and national highway system.”
“We specifically oppose laws requiring an individual to buy or use so-called "self-protection" equipment such as safety belts, air bags, or crash helmets.”
“We advocate the abolition of the Federal Aviation Administration.”
“We advocate the abolition of the Food and Drug Administration.”
“We support an end to all subsidies for child-bearing built into our present laws, including all welfare plans and the provision of tax-supported services for children.”
“We oppose all government welfare, relief projects, and ‘aid to the poor’ programs. All these government programs are privacy-invading, paternalistic, demeaning, and inefficient. The proper source of help for such persons is the voluntary efforts of private groups and individuals.”
“We call for the privatization of the inland waterways, and of the distribution system that brings water to industry, agriculture and households.”
“We call for the repeal of the Occupational Safety and Health Act.”
“We call for the abolition of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.”
“We support the repeal of all state usury laws.”

In other words, the agenda of the Koch brothers is not only to defund Obamacare. The agenda of the Koch brothers is to repeal every major piece of legislation that has been signed into law over the past 80 years that has protected the middle class, the elderly, the children, the sick, and the most vulnerable in this country.

It is clear that the Koch brothers and other right wing billionaires are calling the shots and are pulling the strings of the Republican Party.

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/koch-brothers

Sorry to hear you support their agenda. It is blatant fascism, in that it allows corporate entities to control every aspect of American's lives.

That, I'm sorry to say, is NOT the democracy most of us want, nor is it the democracy envisioned by our founding fathers.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
All I know is until we stop seeing each other as groups no progress will be made. It has to stop.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On May 14, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Try to follow the discussion, rockwall. I was responding to Danny's comment, not to the OP.

LOL, talk about not being able to follow the discussion!

Yes, you were responding to Danny's comment who was responding to the comment immediately previous where he commented on R.S. saying that the "right-wing not only blame Obama for the outbreak, but to predict an out-of-control pandemic"

So, in essence you were telling Danny that R.S. was referring to the 'extreme right and the Koch brothers' when he said that they blamed Obama for the outbreak, etc.

It's late, and you're probably feeling a bit too mellow to follow along so I can understand your confusion.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
The Joebama adminstrelation done hired ninjas to throw tiny infected spikes at Amurcans. Joebama's Katrina. Dey terk r jerbs. Etc.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I haven't heard anything that silly since...well, since the bit about how Republicans created AIDS to kill African Americans. But of course, I can't do an exaggerated dialect for that one, so...etc.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Big EBOLA News... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL