The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Big EBOLA News... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 14, 2015, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On May 13, 2015, rockwall wrote:
Although, I'll admit, having to watch the insufferable Cenk Unger be the one to tell us made the good news seem not all that great.

I'll admit that having to listen to the right-wing not only blame Obama for the outbreak, but to predict an out-of-control pandemic in the United States made the news seem pretty great.

Ron

Seems as if the intent of the OP WAS to be political huh Magnus? Is that OK?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On May 17, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On May 14, 2015, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On May 13, 2015, rockwall wrote:
Although, I'll admit, having to watch the insufferable Cenk Unger be the one to tell us made the good news seem not all that great.

I'll admit that having to listen to the right-wing not only blame Obama for the outbreak, but to predict an out-of-control pandemic in the United States made the news seem pretty great.

Ron

Seems as if the intent of the OP WAS to be political huh Magnus? Is that OK?

The political crap is tedious and in this case, offensive. Look up and down the forum list. Almost nothing escapes this "My party is great and only idiots support your party" B.S.

Not only is it infantile politics, it diminishes the importance of serious issues, like epidemics, earthquakes, terror and war.

NVMS has become trivial, boring and occasionally morally offensive.

I feel another vacation coming on.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
But that was what started the thread.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
CThomas
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of CThomas
Quote:
On May 17, 2015, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On May 16, 2015, CThomas wrote:
We were law school classmates. He would yell and scream at the professors about how Scalia was right and Reagan was the best president ever. When he turned it wasn't all that much of a surprise. He was never thoughtful.

So... Reagan wasn't the best president ever? Your post implies that a thoughtful person wouldn't conclude that Reagan was the best.

Ron

Not at all. There are thoughtful people who love Reagan and thoughtful people who detest him. The thoughtfulness of the individual doesn't turn on his conclusions. Don't you know people who agree with many of your own political opinions who you view as stupid and illogical?
CThomas
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of CThomas
Quote:
On May 17, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
But that was what started the thread.

Exactly! In any event, points that are completely obvious and non-controversial seldom merit extended discussion. It's obvious that containing an Ebola outbreak is good news, so a series of posts making that point all in agreement with each other does little. Why not exchange ideas on subjects where we differ rather than repeat sentiments we all share?
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On May 16, 2015, CThomas wrote:
We were law school classmates. He would yell and scream at the professors about how Scalia was right and Reagan was the best president ever. When he turned it wasn't all that much of a surprise. He was never thoughtful.

Turns out Ed Schultz also used to be a right-winger. LOL Who knew?

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/feb/05/nation/na-radio5

"Well, maybe not exactly the left. Schultz, 49, has voted for only one Democrat that he can recall, a local congressman. He's opposed to abortion in all circumstances. He considers Buchanan a friend. Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, he says, gives him "the willies."

He's prone to say things like: "I'd like to see the president get all the illegals out of the country, so we can start all over again.""

Who knows, maybe one of these days Rush will switch sides and then everyone on the left will suddenly love the guy. I guess anythings possible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Big EBOLA News... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL