The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May & June 2015 entrée: Harrison J. Carroll » » Thurston's Palace of Mystery » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Can you describe the biggest influence, if any, that Thurston's Palace of Mystery and the Forks Hotel had on you choosing magic as a career?
HarrisonCarroll
View Profile
V.I.P.
Buffalo, NY
118 Posts

Profile of HarrisonCarroll
Yes Roger I can. It taught me the difference between a really good glass of scotch and a really bad glass of scotch.

Seriously though. Thurston's was probably the final straw that pushed me in the direction of doing magic professionally. You know how good the crowds were. They were fantastic. So, my needy persona wanted that all the time. And Bill Bradford gave us every opportunity to be our best.

Those were some good days with you, Kaz, DeLion, and the rest of the guys.

Are you in England at the moment, or in Jamestown?
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
I just returned from England last Thursday. I really love England because magic is an accepted performing ART! Max Maven gave us a superlative statement. I will paraphrase this as close to the original as I can remember: "American magicians have taken an art form which within itself is profound; and have trivialized it" Can you relate to that Harry?
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Good grief, Roger, if you like England so much . . . well, why not marry some fun British babe and move there?

Oops.
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Randy... You are too funny!! You are welcomed to visit anytime. Smile
HarrisonCarroll
View Profile
V.I.P.
Buffalo, NY
118 Posts

Profile of HarrisonCarroll
Hey Roger.... I have agree with that quote, even long before it was made.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May & June 2015 entrée: Harrison J. Carroll » » Thurston's Palace of Mystery » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL