The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Jay Sankey selling a rip-off? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Neoglobin wrote: "Since they aren't the same SIZE, the method couldn't be the same. If you owned Killer Key, you would know what I'm talking about. Obviousley not."

Neo and PalmBeach, For the record, I DO have Killer Key. All you had to do was ask Smile
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
I like Sankey, but I have to agree with davidcarlo and thehawk. If the methods are exactly the same, then there's a problem, regardless of the size of the coin. Also, going back to eggshell's comment earlier, Sankey's "Cut Here" is a bit disappointing.
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
"Thoughts Have Wings" Where is it all going to go? LOL
Gerard
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Yawn!! Smile
Yours,

Ivan
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2004-02-15 12:35, manipulator wrote:
Also, going back to eggshell's comment earlier, Sankey's "Cut Here" is a bit disappointing.

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure; I love “Cut Here” this one floors everyone I show it to.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
Why are we all getting KEYED up over this??????????
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I like the way you COIN a phrase.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I only got a quarter of the joke.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5852 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Do you lack the cents for the rest of it? Smile

I venture to guess this reaction is not so much specific to the act but rather to the trend. To make money off those unfamilliar with the past (like a lot of the people surfing the magic web) all you have to do is rename something old and put it in a nice package. I'm specifically not saying that is what consciously happened in this case. Certainly, when it is consciously done it degrades the rich history of magic.

Make your decisions about this routine or the philosophy under which it came about. This topic has run its course in this specific case.

Tom Cutts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Jay Sankey selling a rip-off? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL