The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The end of the world? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
You should go see Tomorrowland. They got George Clooney to play you.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20......ing.html

"He’s the one who, like all of us, is educated on the environmental issues and human behaviors that are leading to the destruction of the Earth and the end of civilization. He, like all of us, knows that we hold the power to fix these things, should we choose to do so. And he, like all of us, is resigned to not doing anything about it."

Unfortunately, as a 'message' movie, it's not doing as well as hoped.

"There weren't many fireworks at the Memorial Day weekend box office this year as newcomer "Tomorrowland" disappointed with a $32.2 million debut.
The $180 million Disney science-fiction adventure stars George Clooney and is expected to pull in a lackluster $40.7 million for the four-day period."

I guess most people either don't care or don't believe, or, have given up.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Perhaps if there weren't so much hypocrisy and political ulterior motives things would be better. When one of the leaders of the movement like Al Gore make millions and millions of dollars on the movement, and chooses to ignore what he expects others to do by purchasing "carbon credits", the message -- which is often as much political opinion as it is science fact -- tends to ring hollow. People being to ask (reasonably so, I think), "What else are these guys lying about?"
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1372 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I just saw "Interstellar", a mind bender of a movie, where the 'end of civilization' (indeed life on earth) is threatened by environment (and not necessarily caused by man at all. eg crops are threatened by blight). Like Tommy suggested in a previous post, people have returned to agriculture; and still, the earth simply cannot thrive. So science is utilized by necessity to travel to another planet. I won't spoil it; but religion is not in the mix... however, moral questions are raised by the use of science (for selfish or altruistic reasons). Lynn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The end of the world? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL