The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Vintage Light Bulb....Info needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chanin
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of chanin
Hello, I have a Vintage Self lighting Light Bulb and know nothing about it, except it that's some size battery and is professionally made. It is in a fantastic felt lined box and is old. So I'm looking for any and all info on this item, thanks Chanin
chanin
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of chanin
The bulb is about the size of a 75 watt bulb the bottom screws off to insert the batteries, I don't know what size batteries or how to turn it on. I also don't know the manufacturer as I don't have any directions for it.
chanin
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of chanin
chanin
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of chanin
chanin
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of chanin
chanin
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of chanin
chanin
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of chanin
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1483 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Unless I'm mistaken, that is a floating light bulb. Maybe Thayer. There should be a bent pin soldered to the base of the bulb (your picture shows that missing). This was a stage model, I had one just like this. I don't remember how to keep it lit. I suspect it takes a standard AA battery.

The idea was to light the bulb in your hand, and then it starts floating. It could also float out of the box or end the routine with it floating into the box.

I won't tip the method for floating, but just let's say it could only be done on stage and you need an assistant.
chanin
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of chanin
Al, I appreciate the information it is more than I had when I started this quest, if you think of anything else I would like to hear back from you, thanks again.
chanin
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of chanin
Al I do have a question for you, how do you change the little bulb in side the big bulb? thanks Chanin
chanin
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of chanin
I would like anyone that has a set of direction for this FLOATING LIGHT BULB or what may look like it to PM me about possibly acquiring a set of the direction or even info on who made it, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1424 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
To me, your best best is contact folks who really know all about this stuff.

Try contacting Gabe at Potter & Potter magic auctions or David Harversat.

Gerry
chanin
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of chanin
Thanks Gerry, I will contact Dave, I never gave him a thought, I appreciate this, Chanin
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1424 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Glad to help.

Gerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Vintage Light Bulb....Info needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL