The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Vanish (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BjornOrri
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of BjornOrri
This one is a gem that I am really happy with.

Vanish is a new magic app that lets you make app icons on your phone screen vanish and reappear with a wave of your hand.
I consider this more of a party trick than a serious magic effect and thus it is priced at only $1.99!

Vanish on the app store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id992815164

I would love to hear some creative ideas for this, so feel free to discuss it below.
You can also discuss Vanish or my other apps on my website: www.appillusions.com

Android version is in the oven.

Best regards,
Bjorn
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I bought the app. Interesting app. I think you can also make a picture vanish from your photo album too. I haven't try it yet, but I'm 90% sure it will work. If you couldn't use the photo app interface, you can always make your own photo album interface to work with this app method. In other word, it's not limited to icon vanish from the homescreen.

Also, rather than just vanish, with a little art&craft you can make the icon appear in your finger or just drop it with a shake. You can also get a picture out from your phone too. Or anything else from your phone. The customization is the great point for this app.
BjornOrri
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of BjornOrri
Great point, it's not limited to the apps on the homescreen at all.
A few things I can think of that you might be able to make appear/disappear are photos, albums, music albums, messages, notes, alarms and calendar events.

One thing I like to do is to perform this coin bite style.
I hold the phone so it faces the audience and suck out one of the apps in the top row and then spit it back in.
As you mentioned, it would be really cool to actually show that you have the app in your mouth before you spit it back.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I have tried it on photos app. But unfortunately it didn't work really well with iPhone (mine is iPhone5S). On the other hand, it works great on iPad. I'm using iPad mini, so I hold my iPad with one hand and like throwing the icon and grabbed it with my other hand and throw it back to the iPad. It will be easier if you make a new album solely for this effect. I use my instagram album for this effect.

For the closing, if you're using homescreen method, the best you can do is turn on reduce motion in your accessibility settings so that no one would tell the difference. And then give the phone to anyone who say "hey, I can do that too.." They will try to imitate you by tapping on an icon. But then the app they tapped is open. Their surprised face is priceless LOL.
BjornOrri
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of BjornOrri
What was the reason it didn't work well with photos? If it was hard to do the configuration I might be able to tweak it so that it works (I designed everything with app vanishes in mind).
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Hi Bjorn, I've sent you a PM regarding the photo app. Thank you.
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
This app is great! Many, many possibilities if you think outside the box. I'm very happy with my purchase. I use this as a mentalism effect. I have someone think of one of the icons and that icon either disappears or is the only that remains.
Josh-Clarke.com : Voices is available now!
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Special user
Tamil Nadu, India
868 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Android please
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
BjornOrri
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of BjornOrri
Here's a short clip of the "coin bite" idea I mentioned above.

https://youtu.be/cCGiEM--58Q
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I just made a 5 x 5 note screen with all of the letters except Z

It works beautifully. It looks like they focus on a letter and after a wave of the hands, it's the only one that remains.

Awesome.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On May 29, 2015, BjornOrri wrote:
Here's a short clip of the "coin bite" idea I mentioned above.

https://youtu.be/cCGiEM--58Q

I like it!
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
Darn I need to upgrade to ios 8.3 to buy
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Wow this is ridiculously fun.

I tell Siri to enable icon vanish mode and then go into it! You should see people trying to emulate it on their phones LOL
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Another small presentation

My newly created system for photo security

"I hate when people get into your phone and look at your photos, so what I have created is a sure fire way to make sure that can't happen.

I just remove the icon *wave hand* *gasps* then when I have my phone back in my possession I bring it back *wave hand again*

Close phone...walk off
DVYRCKT
View Profile
New user
L.A./Nashville
71 Posts

Profile of DVYRCKT
This is Great!

It's these kinda offbeat "underdog" effects that I always end up loving! Great job on this one!

- Davey
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
If you know 100th Monkey principal. You can use "that" word to make a spectator unable to read and then to clean it you just do the vanish and switch with the ungimmicked word. Well you can only use one word. But the cleaning is amazing. This app is not only capable to do vanishing. It can use for a switch too.
Peter Cai
View Profile
New user
China
31 Posts

Profile of Peter Cai
Really awesome!Cheap but poweful APP. I combine this app with MagicWebfx, using website's prediction to do the color change or second prediction.
I force 2 cards to two spectators (eg: 4 of clubs, 2 of hearts), spec A see the first card(4C) by himself, spec B puts the second card into his pocket with out see the face of the card(2H),let the spec A speak out his choosen card, I predicted the first card in my own website(i hold a card which is 4C in my website)without touching my phone. Specs will think the card will appear because of voice recognision, at the same time, I change to the vanish APP, and said, "Wait! No voice recognision at all, you did not see the spec B's card, right?" and do the wave hand move to change to the B's card. Finally, spectators can see the prediction in their own phone.
DVYRCKT
View Profile
New user
L.A./Nashville
71 Posts

Profile of DVYRCKT
This has been killing lately! holy crap!

I printed out some basic color paper screen shots of my homepage and cut out the apps so I can literally "pull" them from my phone & crumble them up. Simple quick visual goodness.

Seriously great job!
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Hey guys took me less than 10 minutes to find another killer preset.

http://www.destinycards.org/images/art/p......logy.png

This is actually one of the first images that comes up when you google image "numerology table". So you could get a spectator to see this on their phone.

Tips:
Make a 9x4 grid
Save/edit to landscape
Use iPhone to trim a slice of the grey so you can make the backing image.

Routines/ideas:
Andreu's legion
Utsukushii
Any digit reveal/ math force/ pin code/unlock
Letter reveal (banacheks brain game anyone)
Card reveal - kh for king of hearts, 9d for nine of diamond etc (you can't do 10 cuz no 0).
List goes on and on
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I'm surprised to find out there's not many people know about this app. Read this discussion and you will know that this app can do more than what described in the description. The application for this app is only limited by your creativity.

I'm using my iPad mini and show the spec 9 images of card in my album using stock photo.app. 6 or the cards are the face cards (J, Q & K) in randoms. I tell the spec only to look at the face cards and in their mind choose a single card. Then I tell the spec to play with imagination-- the concept of imagination power. If I shake the ipad (I flipped the screen down and shake it), imagine all the cards falling down from the ipad onto the table. Of course you can't see the cards falling, because you don't believe the cards is really fell down. Then I show her the ipad screen. All the photos are disappear. And then I told the spec to hold the ipad with the screen down again. This time, imagine the ipad is the table. Then imagine I take all the cards that fell on the table. I'm gesturing what I said. And then I will try to read her mind and put one by one the card that I think is not her onto the ipad, until the last card. I say, "I think this is your card. I'm throwing this card away. If I'm correct, your card should disappear from the photo album." She's then flipped up the screen and found that the photos were mixed up, her chosen card is no where there and one photo is missing-- hers. There're only 8 photos now in the album and they're all actual photo that she can tap to see, on actual photo.app stock from Apple. Blows people mind with this Vanish app. And this is only one of the many effects we can do with this app.

Honestly, I get nothing from this. I'm just doing this as a thank you for this app and also supporting the creator
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Vanish (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL