The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Teaching the new (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoshTmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
265 Posts

Profile of JoshTmagic
Hey guys!

So I was performing last night at a local restaurant and a family from my church came to see me! After I performed for them we started talking and I noticed the kid had a deck of cards in his hand. This led to a discussion that revealed that the son had just recently gotten into magic. He also lives very near to my house so I offered to have him over some time to show him some more magic and may be teach him a few things.

Hes is VERY new he only started about a month ago. What do you guys recommend I go over with him or teach him?

Thanks,

Josh
JoshTmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
265 Posts

Profile of JoshTmagic
Just wanted to add he is 11 years old
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Maybe the both of you can go over Royal Road to Card Magic. You can possibly revisit and gain more insight while helping him at the same time.
One thing to consider is to make sure you are qualified to teach him something he wants to know i.e. move, trick etc. If not, both of you should learn the subject together
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
I'd say show him something, and tell him to learn it and show it to you when he gets it good. If he does that, show him something new, etc.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
All good advice. Dorian is right, Royal Road. Great book!

Doug
Spock10194
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
25 Posts

Profile of Spock10194
I'm very new to magic myself, and I'm working through Royal Road to Card Magic right now. It's really a fantastic book. (Admittedly, I'm 20, but it's a fairly easy read. Even easier since he'll have you helping him out!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Teaching the new (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL