The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Colour Change Idea (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joeblerone
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Joeblerone
So, I have this colour change that I've been working on for a while. I don't tend to use colour changes when performing but I just like to amuse myself. The thing is, I've come up with one that I think is rather good and I want to share it somewhere. The problem is, I don't know if someone has come up with the same idea, or very similar, and if they have, I don't want to go exposing their trick. Is there some way to find out if someone has thought of this before me?

Basically, I riffle down the deck and ask a spectator to tell me when to stop. I stop at the place they've asked and pull put the card at that place. I then place that card on top of the deck, face up. I then put my hand over the card, fingers apart so that the card is still in view. The fingers are then closed for less than a second and then opened again to reveal the card has changed.

If you think you've seen a similar effect published elsewhere then please let me know.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so if there is an area specific to this sort of query then I'd appreciate being aware of it.

Thanks,
Joe Smile
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Do you have a video? Sounds like the Erdnase change, but I'm not sure of what it looks like.
Reality is a real killjoy.
Joeblerone
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Joeblerone
It's similar to the erdnase change but not quite the same. I don't have a video yet, I'm pretty busy atm. Should have one in about 2 weeks... Hopefully less than 2 weeks
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
From what you describe, yes, this has been done previously and published. Looking through the fingers is not big magic discovery. It has been well over 2 weeks, where is the video.

To answer your question about how you find out, you buy ever card book ever published and read them all. That is how I and others did it, your own private library of privately published books. There is just no source and ever if there were, you would have to still read all of them.
pueraeternus
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of pueraeternus
"Are you creative? This is the place to post ideas on presentation plots, no matter how silly, ridiculous, preposterous, or mundane. Remember, presentations-not methods."

Buy and read every published book doesn't seem like a helpful and productive post, especially from a member with "Eternal Order" status replying to a NEW member with only 6 posts.
FoggFactor
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
189 Posts

Profile of FoggFactor
It reads like many color changes that are on the market. And unfortunately, even a video probably won't help determine if it's been previously created. My advice is to ask magicians who you trust (and will be helpful) to view the change and the method. Then you can set out to find similar looking changes and research their methods to determine originality. Also, maybe check out the credits forum here on the Café.

Good luck in your research. If I can help in anyway, let me know!
Joeblerone
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Joeblerone
For anyone wondering, I've since lost interest in the idea. I started getting into mentalism and so colour changes no longer appealed. I still think that it's a good method and was my go to colour change but as I say I'm not bothered about it anymore, sorry for wasting anyone's precious time.

Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Colour Change Idea (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL