The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » I've been chosen as our church's next worship leader (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
This is a huge blessing. Things have been up in the air for several months as the Lord worked behind the scenes. People left. Some were asked to step down for various reasons. I've been examining myself more closely to gauge where I am in my walk with the Lord. The band was really sifted.

But I was told yesterday that I'm the choice.

I get to play with my daughter; we make a great team and play really well together.

Please pray for me as the leader and the team going forward.

My pastor loves magic too so please pray that I'll have more opportunities to use my skills in that regard. I'd like to do more gospel magic for the children if I have the chance. It might be harder now that I'll be committed to music, but we'll see what God will do.

Thank you for your prayers.

Theodore-
Smile
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Congratulations Theodore!!!! What a great blessing and a great opportunity for you. You will certainly be in my prayers as God continues to open up doors for you. I think

that it's awesome that you be able to play along side your daughter. My daughter has often played with our worship team, however music is certainly NOT my gift. A joke I

often tell in my gospel show is...I would love to join our worship team, but when I'm up there on the stage I don't know what to do with my hands. To which my wife replies:

"put them over your mouth!" LOL.

Our God is an awesome God and will use you in a very powerful way to impact the lives of others!

Please keep us updated on your progress.

All the best

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Wow, that's great! Congratulations! Man of man talents.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Thank you my friends!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
It is a blessing to hear about your opportunity.

May the Lord open up ways for you to use all your gifts.

Love and prayers.

brother Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On May 31, 2015, Theodore Lawton wrote:
This is a huge blessing. Things have been up in the air for several months as the Lord worked behind the scenes. People left. Some were asked to step down for various reasons. I've been examining myself more closely to gauge where I am in my walk with the Lord. The band was really sifted.

But I was told yesterday that I'm the choice.

I get to play with my daughter; we make a great team and play really well together.

Please pray for me as the leader and the team going forward.

My pastor loves magic too so please pray that I'll have more opportunities to use my skills in that regard. I'd like to do more gospel magic for the children if I have the chance. It might be harder now that I'll be committed to music, but we'll see what God will do.

Thank you for your prayers.

Theodore-
Smile

In my church we don't have worship leaders so I'm not sure what they do but it sounds wonderful from your brief description.

+God grant you many years so that you may glorify Him and show the Light of the Truth to others.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
We basically choose the music for the service, organize and guide the band, and lead the congregation in singing praises to the Lord.

We will also play a song related to communion while the congregation is taking it.

And we pray and ask God for help. A lot!

Smile

Thanks again for all your encouraging replies!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » I've been chosen as our church's next worship leader (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL