The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch A Roo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4163 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Any thoughts from folks that have this?
HighVolt29
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of HighVolt29
I've actually been looking to purchase this. Where do they sell it?
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Bulky, cumbersome prop. Can only be used once a performance without having to re-set (which cannot be done in front of the audience). It does its job, but there are better ways to get the job done, IMO. I wouldn't recommend.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
462 Posts

Profile of rgranville
I'll second marko's assessment. I was given one, and I gave it away.
:banana:
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's bulky. The idea is good. You can do a switch without it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4163 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Thanks all for the thoughts. Russ N. of Pinnacle fame is the only one that still sells this. It's only $20 for those interested.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6950 Posts

Profile of Dougini
It IS a bit bulky, but on the positive side, if you do EXACTLY as the video says (don't buy this without getting the video!), the switch is virtually undetectable...

You must be wearing a dinner jacket or sport coat, and you must develop the habit of "using your breast pocket" to temporarily set the cards on top of, not exactly "standard", but if you do it already (some magicians do this) it dovetails seamlessly. If you do NOT do this already in your act, then you must somehow develop the habit...being natural...that's the key...

I like it. It works. It switched my Skinner Monte cards out, right as the heat was on, and just as I was accused of using "trick cards", WHAM! Killed 'em. If just using it for that, it would be worth it to me, as switching out gaffs under fire has been difficult in the past.

Recommended. But you have to get used to doing things a bit differently...

Doug
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4163 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Thanks Doug. I wear suits when performing and ofter put cards in my breast pocket, so that shouldn't be a problem. When using the remote, it is possible to reset without removing switch a roo from the pocket.
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Thank you Doug! for the informative review! It's been on my want list for quite some time....not knowing for sure, whether to buy or not? Now I know!...since I wear suits and sport jackets.
Thanking you again,
Gerard
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
I had fun with one by having a card, face out, sticking part way out of my pocket. I would just wait until someone asked "what is that six of hearts for?"

I would reply "that's a nine of spades". They would object and correct me at which point I would visibly remove the card and hand it to them. Everyone could see the card visibly change into the nine of spades.

If you have one give it a try.

Kent
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I love it Kent! Very funny!
Gerard
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6950 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ditto, Kent!

I've only recently started using more gaffs. My ring and pinky fingers of both hands are suffering from numbness (doctors have no clue, chiropractor says pinched nerves), so real sleights with cards are difficult. As I approach 50, things ain't workin' the way they used to...(BLAAAT! Geezer alarm sounds...)...OK, ok, sorry...I'm geezing again...sheesh.

The Switcheroo has made what little card magic I still do (mainly packet FX), easier.

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen! Smile

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch A Roo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL