The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sew-On by Roddie Mcghie (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Just received it today. The method is truly ingenious! Will be working with it shortly, but given the simplicity of the method can't imagine that I'll have any problems with this. Roddie truly is a creative guy...
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Surprised that this effect hasn't gotten more play on this thread. This one's a real fooler, and SO easy to perform.
bghost
View Profile
New user
USA
93 Posts

Profile of bghost
Love this trick.

I set it up on my t-shirt and cardigan instead of jacket for Summer weather and it work out fine.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2015, bghost wrote:
Love this trick.

I set it up on my t-shirt and cardigan instead of jacket for Summer weather and it work out fine.

I'm using it on an 'open' type sweat shirt, and it KILLS! Women particularly respond to this one...
Schism
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Schism
Does anyone know where to get the g**e pen that was used? or something similar? I can't find it anywhere
somethingupmysleeve
View Profile
New user
London, UK
73 Posts

Profile of somethingupmysleeve
Thanks for ressurecting this thread - I'm a little late to the party, but this reminded of how interested I was when it
first came out, so I've just purchased it. Excited to see how this one goes!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2016, Schism wrote:
Does anyone know where to get the g**e pen that was used? or something similar? I can't find it anywhere

Did you not purchase the DVD?
Magic McKing
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Magic McKing
This is great for the casual moments. Can't picture myself doing this in a gig.
somethingupmysleeve
View Profile
New user
London, UK
73 Posts

Profile of somethingupmysleeve
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2016, Magic McKing wrote:
This is great for the casual moments. Can't picture myself doing this in a gig.

That's exactly what I bought this for. The 'impromptu' seeming "have a look at this" type of effect.
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
48 Posts

Profile of mandrax
This one is an hidden gem. I can't believe it fall so much under the radar when it was release. Mainly I think because of a bad trailer and laziness of people that don't want to sew a button. If you liked bag 4 Life, then this one is bag 4 Life on steroids!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Wow! Just got this today, and was delighted! Reminds me of something Michael Carbonero might do on his show.

I had hoped it didn't use pulls or threads (well, not sewing thread, but the other kind) and I was glad to find out it sure does not. In fact, the method is drop dead easy.

I haven't worked with it yet, but from the DVD I can tell it will be a no brainer. Nothing complicated in any way.

The part that really impressed me was the discussion at the end of the DVD with Roddy And David Forrest. They discuss in great detail every presentation angle you can even think of. After watching and absorbing, you are well on your way to being a master of this beautiful effect.

I can see this as a follow up (or a prelude) to the Sankey effect where a sewed button appears on the center of a selected card. I'm trying to remember the name of that effect. I made one up. I used it, but the title of the effect slips my mind.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sew-On by Roddie Mcghie (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL