The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Adam Wilber Exposes Magic on Discovery Channel?? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
On the Discovery Channel's "Daily Planet", Adam Wilber exposes his own creation "PYRO", yet in doing so also exposes other magic/pyrotechnic apparatus which is virtually unknown to the (lay) public... The whole things irks me... Your thoughts??

You be the judge:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nl1l2u97m6wfrm......mp4?dl=0
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why let it irk you so?

Buy a donkey and find a windmill. Being irked is a choice.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
Call me old school, yet it is disrespectful in my opinion... That's why it irks me. Don't worry I'm not losing sleep over it Danny. I'm just big on respect for the art. Don't you think exposure needs to be addressed, and exposers brought to justice "within" the magic community? Personally I boycott. That's just me though. To each his/her own I guess. I welcome your further thoughts...
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes boycott whatever you feel moved to do is great. But by making it such a big deal you make it such a big deal. The more you fight it the more people see it bothers you the more they get the idea to keep doing it.

"Brought to justice"? How and why?

The sad truth is that "magic secrets" do not BELONG to a community. Boycott there ya go that is your recourse.

I think more magic is "exposed" by horrible performance by so called "magicians" than all the alleged espousing in the world. Guys doing tricks they bought that afternoon in a show at night and doing them so poorly that it exposes a method. Pathetic examples of "entertainment" do FAR MORE to demean the art of magic than anything anyone does intentionally. I think THOSE guys should be " brought to justice" in the magic community. But no we have entire web sites dedicated to helping further the career of people like that.

The secret is boring. Nobody REALLY cares. If exposure was able to "hurt" magic the 3 shell game and the 3 card monte would have died out LONG AGO. Yet people still RUN TO PLAY THEM! So there ya go. The secret is not what entertains people.

People always say "I am old school". OK so like Blackstone or older than that? When Camel cigarettes "exposed" the bird cage he simply came up with another method and challenged people to figure it out. Did he whine about it? No he continued working.

All you do by bringing attention to it is give them MORE attention. Way more than they would normally have. It is pointless.

I do not condone exposure. I also know what reality is in the time we live, and figure out how to deal with it as such. If a "boycott" makes you feel you are doing something then there ya go. Have at it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Why let it irk you so?

Buy a donkey and find a windmill. Being irked is a choice.

I have seen this reference several times and had to look it up:

Tilting at windmills is an English idiom which means attacking imaginary enemies. The word "tilt", in this context, comes from jousting.

Doug
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
This Is a reference to Don Quixote, by Cervantes in 1605.

The main character attacks windmills he believes are Giants with his lance. As I recall, his sidekick, Sancho, rode the donkey.

Hudson
lumagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of lumagic
If he reveals his own trick then its OK, but if a person exposes someone else's creation, then it is not good
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2015, lumagic wrote:
If he reveals his own trick then its OK, but if a person exposes someone else's creation, then it is not good

It isn't OK to reveal his own trick if he's sold it to others.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Adam Wilber Exposes Magic on Discovery Channel?? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL